Tdi Pd Chip Tuning

Jay816

Hi every one, just registered to the site a few hours ago, its well good !!!

just woundering if anyone had any thoughts on this tdi pd tuning Chip, do they do what they say they do or is it a complete wasted of money and should i consider spending more on ecu remapping ??????????????????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TDI-PD-Tuning-Chip-V...A1%7C240%3A1308

Cheers Jay

Dont bother, get a proper remap.

They can do more harm than good, thats if it even works. All it does it fool the car into using more fuel.

Dont forget, what ever you do, that chip or a remap, you will need to inform your insurance. Chances are your insurance will increase much more than the £21 for that chip! Its especially inportant you inform them of the chip, as it can be seen ;) Not that you shouldnt declare a remap of course :coffee:

Not worth it, go for a remap or nothing :)

This will only make your car drink more fuel. All it is, is a resister which plus into your coolant temperature sensor.

We are currently offering full custom remaps on these for £349. + VAT. This is done on the rolling road and gives the best results possible from your car.

This will only make your car drink more fuel. All it is, is a resister which plus into your coolant temperature sensor.

We are currently offering full custom remaps on these for £349. + VAT. This is done on the rolling road and gives the best results possible from your car.

what sort of power would this remap offer will there be any difference to the performance and fuel economy and will it cause any stress to the engiene ????

my car is a 1.4 tdi pd 75hp

Cheers

Edited by Jay816

On a completely standard car you will be looking at the performance going up to around 100bhp and 180lb/ft of Torque. Under normal driving conditions (Not thrashing it) you will see 1 or 2 MPG extra. All the standard safety settings on the ECU will be kept so it will not cause any problems at all with the engine.

Any other modifications done before the remap will all help to get even better results. (Such as a Sports replacement air filter or Exhaust). We have had 119bhp from a 75bhp Audi A2 previously.

I bought one of them PD tuning boxes on ebay for a laugh to see if they wouldmake any difference. I was suprised how good it is for £26 lol. It seems to make the turbo spool up at lower revs, and didnt effect my MPG, as i had it ftted for over 3000 miles, ive only removed it because the car is now up for sale. The torque is a lot more noticeable and being a self confessed older boy racer it made a huge difference off the line too. I understand a remap is the ideal as every engine is slightly different, but for £26 for the box, i know what i would choose... at least till i could afford a remap, but to be honest i was happy with the car once i fitted the box.

The only probem i did have after fitting was my clutch slipped like hell the day after, but once that was replaced the car was soo much different that standard.

I can honestly say, try one, you WILL be impressed, and if your not, then its only £26. Plus you can remove it in 5 mins :)

Its one of them dont knock it till you have tried it things. I have mine if you want a cheap one, but the above isnt a sale's pitch, as im not fussed wether i sell mine or not.

but like i say, its worth a try :)

I wouldn't bother with them If I were you. We've seen 75bhp Polo TDI's run 89bhp on the rollers with these on granted that most of them run 80-83bhp from the factory anyway. But basically by fitting one you are bypassing a vital sensor from the ECU. I don't think that's such a good idea.

Ontop of that, there's loads of warnings about these things on the "Big Two" forums (Cupra Net, UK Mkiv's)

Edited by AwesomeAl

for me, i always think if something sounds too good to be true it usually is!, if it is that brilliant etc they would be selling them for 100quid etc, if you get my flow,

for the completly sound option get it remapped and all set up properly, heard alot of good reviews from awesome so they obv know what they are doing! my tdi will be going there once i have her!

Rich,

Different 'maps seem to give different results, both in MPG and performance, so its a good idea to shop around, have a read on various forums etc to see where is the best place to go. They vary hugely in price and i can imagine rolling roads differ hugely also.

The Audi A2 forum is a good place to start, as they have the same 1.4TDi engines in those, remaps are popular on there and there are a few recommended places to go on that forum too.

Id have thought 100BHP was the least you would expect from a remap, certainly going on the A2 forum proves that, most are 105-110 after a remap. Again it depends on where you go and how accurate their rolling road is too.

I wouldnt bother with one of those boxes, they can do harm which might not be aparent when you fit it but it maybe in a few thousand miles to come.

Our Caravelle is remapped, it gave around a 5mpg increase and a much more lively performance. Its quite a stormer now!

Dont get a remap at the first place you think of or that is mentioned, you want the best for your car and the best for your money too.

I would avoid places which just install a generic tuning file onto your ECU, you really need one specific to your car and not every 1.4TDi, as the files are, each cars performance differs from new, so its best to have a custom map, such as Awesome etc offer.

Thats my very limited views on remapping anyway, but i certainly wouldnt be spending £26 on one of these, it might cost you more in the long run! ;)

Edited by cardaft

If your car is standard, a generic map is fine imho because that's exactly what the car has in the first place. But I would say that, I've got one.

Go for somewhere reputable that will warranty the job. Awesome, AMD, REVO, Custom Code etc. I paid just under £500 incl VAT for one on the Ibiza last year and got good results.

for the completly sound option get it remapped and all set up properly, heard alot of good reviews from awesome so they obv know what they are doing! my tdi will be going there once i have her!

Rich,

Good to know Rich!

You know I'll look after you ;)