My Polo G40 > M45 > ?

LiamD

621442-1.jpg

Bit different to the Corrado... fingers crossed I pick it up tomorrow :)

It's a Polo G40 for those who don't know, it's not exactly slow either...

Edited by LiamD

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, whats the spec on it?

Erm, not 100%

Engine -

Ported and polished head

Schrick cam

GT Inlet

BMC panel filter

Custom de-cat stainless exhaust

Chipped

Charger -

Toothed belts and smaller pulleys

Ported charger? Something like that? Not exactly sure...

It's estimated between 150-160bhp, I dunno how much but it seriously shifts. Left a BMW 530DSE for dead...

Gotta fix the damage cos I pranged a learner at 2mph today... just need a new bonnet which i've sourced FOC :)

Once the Rado goes I want 200+bhp out of it. :)

It's absolutely mental... I love it!

Had a play with a Noble M12 tonight, I got beat but he got a shock, the look on his missus' face when he couldn't pull away from an old Polo was worth the 1500 quid I paid for it! :lol:

Sounds like its good spec. A lot of people are going down the turbo route now. There was a phase where everyone did the eaton thing. The only thing I disliked about them was how loud they are, its insane! Plus that G-lader whine is awesome, they make a great noise, especially with toothed belts :wub:. The turbo conversions are really quite. On idle they just sound like a tuned NA motor.

I need to hurry up and build mine :blush:

First thing it needs is better cooling... just to be on the safe side. I love the simplicity and cheapness of the Eaton chargers, I'm just hoping it'll push good power with one on.

I'm going to be doing a lot of reading on Club Polo anyway to find out what I need to crack 200bhp. Some deeper pockets wouldn't go amiss I think!!

Seriously though, I've never been in a car this much fun, an old Polo should not be this fast!

I'm gonna pop it up to the Baltic next Sunday anyway :)

Last time I checked there were 230 registered G40's in the country remaining.

Lets try not to kill another one please.

But most of the hearts live on in something else though! At the end of the day everything that makes a G40 special can normally be taken off a crashed car and put into something else. I know the purists will say its no longer a genuine G40, but who cars, as long as its still on the road!!

But most of the hearts live on in something else though! At the end of the day everything that makes a G40 special can normally be taken off a crashed car and put into something else. I know the purists will say its no longer a genuine G40, but who cars, as long as its still on the road!!

If I smashed the car I'd throw the engine in a mk2 shell. That way its still original.