New!!! Janspeed system & tail pipe design

vworks41

Would like to know what people opinions are on tail pipe designs for the lupo GTi please.

The standard brushed twins have always looked good and i think thats why many people haven't bothered to change them.

If you had a choice, what design would you choose??

6x4oval, Tri oval, DTM, Boxer/letter box, twin 3''slash, twin 2.5''slash or anything else you can think of :)

19510049.jpg

2003-06-b.jpg

19510024.jpg

vw_lupo_gti_turbo_04.jpg

backunder-1.jpg

Edited by vworks41

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice would be to find the system that you want and to get the standard tail pipes welded on in place of the aftermarket option, you get the best of both worlds that way. That said i loved the oval on my Bastuck, if i did it again though i'd still have the standard pipes put on.

My advice would be to find the system that you want and to get the standard tail pipes welded on in place of the aftermarket option, you get the best of both worlds that way. That said i loved the oval on my Bastuck, if i did it again though i'd still have the standard pipes put on.

Totally agree :coffee:

Reason i ask is one of the main guys at Janspeed has seen my loop about in salisbury.

They have been in contact with me and want my car to do another cat back system.

I'm meeting the guy tomorrow to discuss what they could do, so just after peoples input.

I like the standard twins aswell, so if they could do them just abit bigger like in the first pic above with a 15degree slash that would be class!!

I'm also guna try and sweet talk him into doing a 4-2-1 manifold to ;)

The Janspeed is a fantastic option, they sound great i would definitely let them use your car. I know from first hand experience that Jen's system is top quality, but just make sure they listen to what you want, and make sure you get them to fit it into the bumper properly, it's only a matter of bending the tail pipes to suit.

Yeah I'm quite excited now :lol: i was thinking of getting an exhaust for next season to.

I'll make sure they know what i want though!!

One thing i do want is the tail pipes to go all the way back, so when you look at them at that level you cant see the smaller pipes.

I dont like the ones that have only short tail pipes...if you know what i mean :)

One thing i do want is the tail pipes to go all the way back, so when you look at them at that level you cant see the smaller pipes.

Like that

Let them know what the people of Clublupo want, im sure they would be more than happy to have that advise.

I agree with the standard look and standard size tail pipes, maybe with a slight slash cut. Defo inwardly rolled tho or they look too Jap.

I am looking at tail pipes same as you,as mentioned on tuning section i prefer standard style just slightly bigger diameter.I was told to try Powerflow and Pipe Works which i am looking into.Thanks.

Yep, like what's been said, same as standard but slightly bigger. The current Janspeed is 3" isn't it? Maybe around a 2.5" would be a better size, and get them to finish the job properly this time and make it fit more snugly!

I need a new exhaust, but unless they're very quick at getting this one made I'll probably have to get a different one. :(

I've only spoke to him via email so don't why they've decided to redesign it.

I'll make sure to give him all your inputs though, cheers all.

I'm defiantly guna ask him about the 4-2-1 manifold to.

Keep you posted :)

Well it went good...im booking my car in next week some when for them to fit it :D

First of all they where just going to modify the bracket on the existing one to bring it up more.

But i told them about the feedback I've had from clublupo and how I wanted it to look more o/m

They seemed to take in what i was telling them, and happy to go with what i suggested.

Anyway hes guna discuss it with the lads who make them and phone me back this week to book a day.

So in all sounds promising....He also might be willing to look into doing a 4-2-1 manifold for mine to.

That was the prototype one I believe, the very first GTI Janspeed. :shades: 3rd GTI in the country too I think.

However, the design was never finished before going on sale, hence why it hangs quite low. Sounds like they're gonna rectify it with this one though. A tad smaller and I'll definately have one. :)

Well it went good...im booking my car in next week some when for them to fit it :D

First of all they where just going to modify the bracket on the existing one to bring it up more.

But i told them about the feedback I've had from clublupo and how I wanted it to look more o/m

They seemed to take in what i was telling them, and happy to go with what i suggested.

Anyway hes guna discuss it with the lads who make them and phone me back this week to book a day.

So in all sounds promising....He also might be willing to look into doing a 4-2-1 manifold for mine to.

Good news, keep us updated i'd like to see what goes on :)