My Gti

Huw Pugh

I've been lurking on the boards for a little while doing my homework and seeing whats about. Then after a little trip to Dorset yesterday I returned home with this little peach. I've not taken any pics myself so have pinched Jons pics from his forsale add - hope you dont mind mate.

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

Unfortunately on my way home the pedal box went (I think that's what it is anyway), so it's off to VW tomorrow for a check up. Fingers crossed.

As for the car, it's a 02 6 Speed with FVWSH and is in really good nick. That doesn't mean it can't be improved though. As a pro detailer I'll be spending part of the weekend detailing my new toy.

With a little shameless free plug here's some of my work

Clicky Clicky

Edited by Huw Pugh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure yet. Got my private plate to go on, so got some German plates on order. New headunit and components then probably and some Cambridge rears. I'm not quite decided on wheels yet, but in no hurry.

Here's a couple of pics of my last car, although it might not be to everyone's taste.

DSCF3691web.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

Total Vauxhall front cover.

DSCF0002web.jpg

:doh: maybe showing my noobness then? It's got all the same symptoms - pedal dropped, low bite point etc.

Well theres a first time for everything I suppose!

Nice car BTW. Just wondreing, what components are you thinking of getting?

Here's a few updated shots after spending sunday detailing.

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3777.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

DSCF3759.jpg

DSCF3771.jpg

DSCF3763.jpg

DSCF3767.jpg

DSCF3765.jpg

And a cheeky beadage shot in the night..

DSCF3784.jpg

The clutch issue has now been sorted. VW said it was the clutch master cylinder and replaced it last week. The following day it went again. When I took it back they said it was the slave cylinder and wanted me to pay for that too. :lol: Needless to say I kicked up a fuss and they ended up replacing it for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the grins still haven't left my face and I've been driving everywhere possible just for fun. I've clocked up 600 miles since buying it and I don't even use it for work.

Just a couple of minor changes that were done last week. The previous owner had a K&N Filter on the car I just didn't like the sound of it. Luckily he gave me the standard airbox and feed pipe, so one evening we whiped of the k&n and and put the standard box on. The car sounds so much nicer now, it's unreal. Unfortunately in order to have the k&n, it meant the cam cover had to be removed and he didn't have this when I bought it. I will be putting a replacement on, but it's not top of my priorities for now.

Before:

DSCF4023.jpg

After:

DSCF4025.jpg

Excuse the dirty airbox, we did clean it after the pic was taken. :D

Next up was replacing the sidelights. The Xenons are an awesome white colour, but the "yellow" side lights look pretty rubbish in comparison, so it was ebay time for some white leds. £2.50 later and job done.I dont think i need to explain the before and afters :lol:

DSCF4028.jpg

DSCF4027.jpg

DSCF4026.jpg

I've also ordered some German plates which arrived this week. They came from theplateman.com although they took 2 weeks to arrive, they're really good quality. The Log book has also arrived so I can get them on... well that is once I can get time off work to go to the DVLA. The local office is only open Mon-Fri 9-5, which is really helpful when you work Mon-Fri 9-5. :rolleyes:

DSCF4037.jpg

Just a little updated for now and the addition of a little stubby aerial courtesy of Dale. :shades:

DSCF4319.jpg

DSCF4318.jpg

This month also saw an unexpected purchase in the form of these courtesy of Rocco Jocco.

PorscheD90s001.jpg

I wasn't planning on buying wheels until next year but when these turned up, I couldn't turn them down. I'd already decided, before buying the lupo, that I would get some D90's and refurb them with a gun metal centre with a polished lip. Ok, so these haven't got a polished lip, but imo the diamond cut is even better. Cheers Phil!

This little purchase though has meant the new headunit has taken a bit of set back, but listening to local late night radio is starting to take its toll on me so a new headunit will be next up.

Edited by Huw Pugh

Starting to look spookily familiar!!!! Looks spot on mate and although I'm a dubber through and through that astra looks like a tidy job. I used to own a nova gsi 10 years ago and believe it or not much of the styling ethics of the vw and vauxhall modifying world were intertwined - the less is more approach.

Your car is really taking shape! Good work!!

Love the D90s, I have a set waiting to be refurbed :shades:

Edited by matt a

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the comments guys. :shades:

Not to much to report, but the new headunit is now here. Got to love Halfrauds. Ordinarily I wouldnt bother buying something like this from them, except it was £40 cheaper on their website than instore.... You can then reserve and collect it in store for the online price. Ordered lunch time in work, collected at 6 on my way home.

DSCF4342web.jpg

We also had a rolling road day with my local club with the lupo hitting spot on 125bhp.

DSCF4336.jpg

And finally a couple more "clean" pics.

DSCF4331.jpg

DSCF4327.jpg