made in....?

big_chris1981

I think that the 11th character in the chassis number tells you where it was made and if its W then its a Wolfsberg...as is my Sport

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Vehicle_ID1.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Digit 1-6 is meaningless... Z is a blank space for further usage

Digit 7-9 means chasis code : 9N / 6N2 etc...

Digit 10 is the manufacturing year

Vehicle_ID3.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Digit 11 is the factory

Vehicle_ID2.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Digit 12 to 17 is the running no of car made in that year

image missing so cant show the graph but u get an idea

see i do have my uses , occasionally

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

All Arosas were made in Martorelle I think smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Mine certainly was wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That is useful too, according to that mine was made in Brussles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Mine too. And I thought the Lupo was so called because of the Latin for Wolf - Canis Lupus - and the fact that they were all made in Wolfsburg. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

And mine is WVWZZZ6XZ2B0***** which suggests it was made in 2002. Yet it was registered in early December 2001. How early in 2001 do you think they'd have switched to the '2' suggesting manufacture in 2002?

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />  Mine too. And I thought the Lupo was so called because of the Latin for Wolf - Canis Lupus - and the fact that they were all made in Wolfsburg.  confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

And mine is WVWZZZ6XZ2B0***** which suggests it was made in 2002. Yet it was registered in early December 2001. How early in 2001 do you think they'd have switched to the '2' suggesting manufacture in 2002?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just been and checked mine and it says Z5B, i ordered mine in april last year (delivered in June) and this suggests it's been made in 2005! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

The date probably means that its part of that manufacturing year rather than that calendar year, so in effect it's right as the manufacturing ends in said year.

Edited by Diamondblack

The date probably means that its part of that manufacturing year rather than that calendar year, so in effect it's right as the manufacturing ends in said year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds more like it as mine was ordered end of april, delivered at the begining of june so the '5' would relate to May when it was built.

wvwzzz - this means VW manufactured and the zzz is just a filler

6ez - this is model description

2 - this is the model year

b - the factory (b-brussels, w-wolfsberg ect..)

999999 - the actual chassis number

from the chassis number, vw can tell you pretty much everything you would want to know about your car! my gti was built on 24/1/2003 and sold in april 2003.

most lupos seem to be built in wolfsberg, but due to it unfortunately coming near the end of its life, production was switched to brussels. i believe that normal lupos ceased production circa calender week 23 this year.