Tank size and consumption?

Bikerz

How big is the lupo sport tank size? ran mine down to flashy light empty and only managed 28 liters in her whilst mothers Matiz she can get 40 liters into, hows that fair?

How big is the tank on the lupo? Mines a sport so what size on that?

What sort of MPG does the sport get?

You can still get 30 to 40 miles when the light comes on no problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er alot more than that if it comes on with 7-8 liters of fuel still in there

Most I've ever managed to squeeze in was 32 litres... I wouldn't normally let it get that low though.

If you've got 7 litres left, then based on an average of 30mpg, you're looking at potentially another 46 miles.

I usually fill her up as soon as I can once the orange light has come on. Goodness knows what crap is sitting in the bottom of the petrol tank. Rather not have it floating round my engine thanks.

I got a very respectable 225 miles out of my GTi yesterday on a run to Rockingham race track and back. Normally i only get 200.

I do pure round town driving with a the odd trip out here and there and i do drive with my foot planted and i usually get 180-200 miles out of a tank, but if im motorway driving i've got 260-270ish. Although having the aircon on does speed up the rate of consumption a bit.

I've managed over 350 miles from one tank of fuel... mind you, that was on the way to Inters last year doing an average of 50mph most of the way because we were in convoy & it was p***ing down with rain!

I can usually eak out about 210-220 miles. If I'm in the power band I can practically see the needle moving though. Round Silverstone at Trax last year I used a quarter of a tank in 10 minutes biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> But that's not surprising considering I was between 4k and 6k revs all the time!

This is quality! In the 320i I would put 40 odd litres in and only get 250 miles for that. The Lupo pleases me more and more smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Gas guzzling beemer biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Still I bet it was better than the TreVoR Kenny you must get about 15 to the gallon out of that surely? On a run biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Funny you say that... I reckon the Trev isn't that much thirstier than the beemer. And there is just a "slight" performance difference wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Depends how heavy your foot is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um im less than 13 stone, but never weighed my foot, shal i weigh left or right? or doesnt it matter laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

my lupo with polo gti power gets 180 ish kicking its head in and 278 on a run at an average of 90 mph

Um im less than 13 stone, but never weighed my foot, shal i weigh left or right? or doesnt it matter
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Best quote you have ever made mate!!!

I would imagine your left and right foot both weight the same. Stand on the scales on 1 foot at a time and weight them. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Just to make us all feel good about our MPG. My mate has a 400bhp, 400lbft Evo 6. A full tank lasts 100 miles on the road and 60 miles when he did a track day and I imagine it holds over £45 a tank!

Just to make us all feel good about our MPG. My mate has a 400bhp, 400lbft Evo 6. A full tank lasts 100 miles on the road and 60 miles when he did a track day and I imagine it holds over £45 a tank!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

F*uck that! you would need an oil well to run it! did anyone see top gear when Jeremy said that if he drove the SLR flat out it would empty its tank in 19 mins cant quite remember the capacity of the tank though! (90 odd litres I think)

Edited by Ty

Am i right in saying someone off here got 200 miles out of half a tank on their Lupo GTi just after they picked it up from buying it on the drive home...how the hell!!!!!

Ive never seen over 200 from a full tank in mine even with motorway trips confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

T