mpiloop

So I've got a 1.0l lupo and being a mechanic and enthusiastic tinkerer, I feel the need to push it to its limits, and before people start saying but a gti or buy a 1.4 or engine convert it the point of this is to have fun an try to push the boundaries of this way to practice 1.0L.

Any ideas would be great as to what to do.

I've already gone for the standard of lowering and banded steels, however im feeling some forced induction coming along and feel that a supercharger is the better way to go for this, as turbo converting it may be stupid, I have access to a fabrications workshop and body-shop as well as a massive garage the only restriction is money here and our imagination so please chip in with some ideas guys lets see how much fun we can have!

• Like 1

If you want a fast fwd I'd get a glanza as it's cheaper and it will have more potential in the future.

But if your wanting to spend silly money on a rubbish engine with not much potential. Then if your supercharging you will need to figure out how your going to lower compression. Decomp plate or pistons. A guy on here charged his 1.4 lupo with a eaton m45 from a mini. They are cheap but making the bracket is the tricky part. Also I'd do cams, valves and head work. You will need an aftermarket ecu too.

I really don't know the price of everything but it will be over £3k-4k and you will have maybe 100bhp. Not bad since you will nearly double your power but rubbish as it will cost so much.

Definitely will skezza!

And Dblock the point, as I stated before, is not to buy another car, it is to have fun with what you've got and find parts you can recycle to build a budget car, that'll be fun!

And more to the point I want to test my mechanical abilities. I have found a charger for £150 that I will probably get and I will machine the pistons for de comp.

but the ecu will be the expensive one I think!

Dblock, I understand that in normal circumstances it would cost masses however I have access to a fabrications workshop and trained fabricators and won't need to pay for parts to be made just the material I also have access to a scrap yard so parts from old cars can come either free or dirt cheap. But I will be getting a project mx-5 or mk1 golf some point soon ish!

Skezza, I will keep you guys posted on here then!