Lupo GTi Catalytic Converter Supplier

Faraz

Morning all,

I've noticed recently an intermittent rattle at approx. 2k RPM which I believe is coming from the front pipe flexi, or the catalytic converter. I've been trying to source a replacement CAT but can't seem to find anything listed for the Lupo.

I've found this link, which lists for a Polo 1.6 16v, with an AVY/ARC engine...

http://www.catalyticconvertershop.co.uk/catalytic_converters/VOLKSWAGEN_POLO/7686/details/

Can anybody confirm if this will fit the Lupo GTi? I assume the fitment will be ok, but is there likely to be any difference in the CAT itself, that might affect the emissions come MOT time?

Appreciate any advice, or if anybody can recommend an alternative supplier...aside from VW of course.

Thanks

I don't think a Polo GTI cat will fit as it takes a different route past the sump. I couldn't find any non-factory cats when I needed one unless I wanted to fit a sport cat, which I didn't think would be good for a daily driver.

A VW catalyst is part number

6E0 253 208 EX

and retails at £619.88 inc vat :eek:

I don't think a Polo GTI cat will fit as it takes a different route past the sump. I couldn't find any non-factory cats when I needed one unless I wanted to fit a sport cat, which I didn't think would be good for a daily driver.

A VW catalyst is part number

6E0 253 208 EX

and retails at £619.88 inc vat :eek:

Thanks for this lupogtiboy, I'm glad I asked before I went ahead and bought a Polo one! But £620 from VW!? :wtf::sick:

That's obscene... I think I'll have to live with the rattle for a while then. I suppose trying to get one from a low mileage salvage Lupo GTi could be an option, would be a bit of a gamble though :wacko:

I've had 2 cats on mine, one was under warranty as it broke up inside and rattled, and the other is from a broken flexi-joint. I didn't pay that much for mine as I work for a main dealer, but it was still more than I should have paid given the circumstances!