Early GTI

Raven

Nice to be back in a Lupo GTI after selling my raven blue 2002 GTI just over a year ago. So after seeing this on ebay I couldn't resist. Its an early 5 speed 2001 model and runs very well indeed. Just a few small jobs to do but its great to be in a Lupo GTI again :)

lupo2_zps1a6b9561.png

lupo_zps1282fd77.png

She's had some nice modifications too...

rear anti roll bar, Bilstein suspension, cat back, G60 brakes .EBC gold series front discs (G60 setup 288mm)
Ferrodo dsc2500 front pads
EBC gold series rear discs (standard gti). Ferrodo dsc2500 rear pads
OMP steering wheel.
BMC cda induction kit
NGK iridium spark plugs
polybush kit
extended bottom arms

It's great to be back on this forum!

Welcome back!

Some good mod's there. I've just had my GTI on a 3,242 mile road trip through the Pyrenees down to the Med' in Spain and back up through Andorra.

Just made me love my GTI a whole lot more!

Thanks Silver! Seriously needs a front grille GTI badge. I was considering getting a set of Schmidt Modernlines for her but I'm really starting to like the Bathurst wheels.

I considered MLs too, but wanted the concave faces which only come in 16and 8inch min I think.

Got 2.5 sets of Bathursts: one anthracite set, 6 silver and my ceramic polished BBS RWs for summer though.

9454834590_4f228e446e_o.jpg

Silver! Lupo GTI by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

I considered MLs too, but wanted the concave faces which only come in 16and 8inch min I think.

Got 2.5 sets of Bathursts: one anthracite set, 6 silver and my ceramic polished BBS RWs for summer though.

9454834590_4f228e446e_o.jpg

Silver! Lupo GTI by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Got any pics of the anthracite bathursts mate?

what are the benefits of extended bottom arms and where can i get them?

The benefits are they will throw your tracking/camber/caster completely out and if you want to extend yours simply use some Polo 6n2 ones, they'll physically fit and extend the front about two inches.

Love it, but....

BMC cda induction kit

Died a little bit inside :(

Oh that will be going as soon as I manage to find a replacement standard airbox, I also intend to replace the OMP steering wheel with an original one or possibly a Momo team 280. I want her to look virtually standard, but happy to keep the uprated suspension etc as she handles like on rails; far better than my previous Lupo GTI.

The problem is I've completely go the Lupo GTI bug back :thumbsup:

Oh, managed to get a GTI grille badge off ebay, as it looks terrible without. Not sure if I should get a standard silver front VW badge or a black one. The fella who previously had it has sprayed the original badge black and its chipped off badly.

I also need a black tow eye cover if anyone has one.

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...
looks a very good example!! nice to see its had some love and attention to make it drive exactly how it should!

Small update, I've managed to get a standard GTI airbox and engine cover, so the BMC induction kit is for sale.

However, looking at both sills, they do show a fair bit of corrosion, I'm hoping not too much of an issue, but knowing my luck :-/

Ok, I'm sure these sills are still available new somewhere, am I right?

Rusty sills?

They're pretty thick so they could take a skimming if need be, othersude they come as a quarter panel....

The main bit to look at is at the front where the wings meet the car at the bottom, that's a nice rusty area when you get into it.

Rusty sills?

They're pretty thick so they could take a skimming if need be, othersude they come as a quarter panel....

The main bit to look at is at the front where the wings meet the car at the bottom, that's a nice rusty area when you get into it.

Thanks mate. I will get some pics up and see what you think.