1.4 16v to 1.8T conversion

wings123

Hey im a newbie here and need some advice. I've started my conversion and with the engine near enough ready to come out of lupo and that was the easy bit. My orginal plans were to buy a mk4 gti and use that however a 99 1.8t passat popped up for a few pound and took that ! now the problem im having is that its an AEB engine code and i wondering will it be the same job as a mk4 gti engine an could i use mk4 gti gearbox eg oj2 gearbox with this engine?

Thanks for any advice

• 4 weeks later...

I've done a 1.8t audi awt engine which is same as aeb to a mk1 golf gti, I found the build easy as used 020 original gearbox and bought the engine mount, only extras needed are golf alternator carrier, tensioner and manifold the rest I used custom parts ie intercooler,intercooler pipes etc

I'm currently doing a 1.8t in a lupo what the f**k have I let myself in for.

Going to update some pics later

aeb engines sit the other way around so you will need golf manifolds/sump/oil pickup pipe possibly a few morre bits, yes the golf gearbox will bolt to the aeb, flywheel made need changed

Sorry ive crazt busy recently with work jsut started a new job and flat but ive managed to strip the lupo down engine jsut needs lifted out and passat will be ready to have the engine lifted out on wednesday night

I've done a 1.8t audi awt engine which is same as aeb to a mk1 golf gti, I found the build easy as used 020 original gearbox and bought the engine mount, only extras needed are golf alternator carrier, tensioner and manifold the rest I used custom parts ie intercooler,intercooler pipes etc

I'm currently doing a 1.8t in a lupo what the f**k have I let myself in for.

Going to update some pics later

Thats good to know because ive been told to scrap the AEB engine i dont want to do that as it is a nice clean engine running well, What engine mount did you use cause i though this would be a custom job? Ill make note of the extras and see if santa will bring a few of them :) will have to get a look at your thread then

Thanks for the replys guys sorry took me so ling replying will be on more now things have settled down a bit