1.4s to sport conversion

AdamGill

Right...

different inlet cam, metal inlet manifold, ecu, bigger throttle body. bigger brakes, exhaust manifold and different gear ratios.

I know these are all the engine differences i paid £300 for my 1.4s 60k needs a clutch it's getting

Done but I wanted a sport but this was cheap I didn't really want it for the looks anyway I can easily get a front bumper if I want.

So I ask myself is it worth doing and having a sleeper so say?1L 1.4L look alike sport underneath! Is it costly can I get these parts new or am I going on a mad hunt?

I feel the need to do these if I'm going to do other mods it's seems to be a better base than 75bhp obviously help guys

Looked into this waaaay back when I had a 1.4 and it'd just be a huge waste of money for only 25bhp.

Either drop a Polo Gti lump in it or spend your money on a really good set of coilovers, set them up well with some good tyres and you'll have more fun in the corners than 25bhp could ever give you!

Well I got a price on the throttle body and that was £204 so straight away I thought it's going to be costly.

Do polo lumps fit straight in with little hassle?

I've got a set of ap coilovers on been told there good they only cost me £200 aswell they've got to be better that the ta TECHNIX I had on my arosa haha

Quite a few people have put the 6n2 Polo Gti engine into Lupo's, the engine is essentially the same as the Lupo GTI but with a 5 speed box. The most difficult thing would be the wiring but even that isn't too difficult as far as I'm aware. Its not something I've looked into in depth myself but I'm sure if you dig about you'll find all the info you need.

AP's are pretty good, had a set on my old Gti, bit soft for my liking but different people like different set ups. My mate runs them on his Corrado and loves them! For £200 you cant go wrong either!