Ollie's GTI - L2UPD

Vwlup0

if you get air ride the best suppliers of the lupo kit are Low Standard Designs, id say that 90% of lupus on Air are using their custom designed Airlift kits!! by far the best in business!! https://www.facebook.com/lowstandarddesigns?fref=ts

if you get air ride the best suppliers of the lupo kit are Low Standard Designs, id say that 90% of lupus on Air are using their custom designed Airlift kits!! by far the best in business!! https://www.facebook.com/lowstandarddesigns?fref=ts

Thanks :) I'll have a look! Any ideas on their prices? I'm just going for manual, manual is too much :shifty:

Thanks :) I'll have a look! Any ideas on their prices? I'm just going for manual, manual is too much :shifty:

you'll be looking around the 2200 i think but its just the same price having v2 as manual. Manual is cheaper to buy but costs more to install and vice versa for v2

you'll be looking around the 2200 i think but its just the same price having v2 as manual. Manual is cheaper to buy but costs more to install and vice versa for v2

I had a chat with him, should be sorting something pretty soon! :)

Little updates, after being sold the wrong washer fluid bottle, I got the right one! :thumbup:

And the new expansion tank

F8084A7E-AABB-48F5-89A7-021356609018_zps

Gave the callipers a lick of paint too!

88D23D95-9E60-4A32-B713-C8E521FD0F3C_zps

34BB033A-571D-4543-8127-3D7E15F1AA8F_zps

Looks a lot better IMO

On a bad Note: I got myself a vag com to check why the eml came on, I got 3 codes

P0010

-A- Camshaft Pos. Actuator Circ. Bank 1 Malfunction

P1528

Intake Camshaft Contr.Circ.,Bank1 Open

P0130

O2 Sensor Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 Malfunction

Slightly worrying as I have no clue what it means, but it can't be good!

Edited by Vwlup0

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, £500 later my car is running with no fault codes, fresh mot and a full service :thumbup:

I've done a couple of things styling wise..

0159F57D-E408-4A0F-B350-1F6B5785046C_zps

R8 filler cap.

Flocked topmount covers.

And an all round clean of the bay!

E5539A2D-63BA-431F-93F8-9B1B46267E31_zps

De wipered!

D05DFDBF-AA12-4FDB-8A20-CBF6DBF52535_zps

And finally I got some bbs caps! Expensive for disks of plastic :(

All photos taken on a potato.

Edited by Vwlup0

Looking lovely!

Thanks dude :)

Such a lovely example to begin with and you've only improved it! If only this was closer when it was up for sale, I would have bought this myself. :D

Thanks! It was only about 20 miles away from me :shades:

This is my old car!!

Hi Ollie, I wondered if you would be on here. I'm glad you are taking care of the car, great to see. I am gutted to have sold it as it is such a good package, good on fuel, fun to drive and quick enough when needed. I'm glad other then my tyre choice ( I really never found them that bad except in the wet but I never drive hard then anyway) you haven't been disapproving of what I've done. It's a brilliant little car.

I'm not really feeling it with the new car. Too much power for my average drive and obviously worse on fuel.

Silver- I was the guy you your bought your spare wheel from.

T3lliot- thanks for your kind words, means a lot after all the work/ money I put in to this car.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of my new car. Very nice but not loving it like I did the lupo. Maybe it will grow on me ? But I'm not gonna modify it at all either as it ruins the resale value so a little bored!

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Hope you carry on with the good work.

All the best with it mate.

Craig

image_zps72c4c4b3.jpg

image_zpsc2e0a02e.jpg

image_zpsd3e54775.jpg

• Like 1

Car is looking lovely Craig, it's nice to see it in the light!

Very happy with the car, just needs tidying up, wheels and body work mainly.

Due to changing the tyre size, the arch gap is horrendous :paperbag: so it will be going on coilovers in the near future.

Flew throught the mot with 2 advisorys- antiroll bar bushes and o/s headlight lens.

Do keep an eye out for me at shows in you do attend some; always up for a chat- and you can have a butchers at what I've done!

:thumbup:

Thanks man, feels like a bit of a show piece at the moment, looks good but no fun! Hopefully next summer might be better.

Yeah that's the reason I ran with the 185's, thought about the 165's but didn't wanna run that low as it looks more modified then the look I was after. However, it does look bad ass. I wanted to keep it standard looking and not go too low, but I'm old!!!

I will keep an eye out for you mate if Im at any shows ( not many now ). Be good to hook up for a beer and a chat.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

All the best bud.

Craig.

• 1 month later...

I know, a bit of a joke to be honest. But I know him personally so I know things are done properly.

Funnily enough that's with discount too :paperbag:

Bloody hell. You seem pretty hands on though why not get a tool kit and do servicing yourself? If a mate charged me that much £100 for a service but still £40 for oil? That way you can do it properly.

Good work though.

Peace of mind really, I just wanted it properly checked over and serviced.

It may be a lot, but money well spent in my eyes as I know everything is spot on at the moment.

& thanks mate :)

Edited by Vwlup0

So you bought my coilovers! :tongueout: .

Hope they are ok! Any issues let me know :thumbsup:

I did! All is well, I took them to the local audi/vw tuners to have a look over them and to get a c spanner! Everything as you decribed :)

• Like 1