Ollie's GTI - L2UPD

Vwlup0

Decided to buy myself a gti after my first car was a little 1 litre.

It's the 6 speed model, some say 'special edition'

Anyway, mod list-

Fully trimmed interior.

40mm drop

Private plate

Rear arb

Bbs rw001

Cambridge rear lights

Stubby mirrors.

In the distant future, I'd like to have it re-sprayed in black, as the paint is 12 year old and some rust is beginning to show.

Apart from that it's a cracking little car and really goes! I'll let some pictures do the talking!?

A193256B-AA6A-4270-9D66-E19F98BAFA5D_zps

6A6BADFA-0038-41D2-9631-09E1DDB10B24_zps

4B756AF3-1FF9-4527-B034-725FD2D394DA_zps

Taken from the ad, hope you don't mind?

E9B567E5-7BE5-4302-A393-03B5504D8B66_zps

So far I've given her a good polish and love.

Hope you all like it!?

Edited by Vwlup0

Already comes with important mods, quite a gem you found.

Exactly, very reasonable price too!

Gotta love a black GTI! Your paint can't be worse than mine, the black does show up scratches pretty badly.

My bonnet and front bumper are quite badly stone chipped with some faded paint too!:/

Glad to see another gti getting some love and pampering they are fun to drive :)

Awesome to drive, really goes when you put your foot down! Much quicker than my polo too!

Anyway Thanks guys!

I've just ordered some parts just to clean it up, I'm not going with the stance look with this one. I have a few things planned over the coming months, next show season will be the one where she will be nearing completion,will be good to meet some new faces!

I'll keep you all updated with progress!

Thanks for the feedback!

Ollie.

Edited by Vwlup0

That is seriously nice and I also saw it for sale and really wanted to buy it. Only problem was the 4+ hour round trip, which was too far for me. :(

Nevertheless, look after it because it looked a cracker! :wub:

Thanks!

I'm planning to get the front end re-sprayed next month, and a couple more goodies for it!

Undecided on the wheels; refurb or a different set??

Just had a 'health check' done on it too, and the mechanics said it's running sweet as a nut! Happy days! Everything is going good so far.. Fingers crossed for the next couple of months.

Thanks!

I'm planning to get the front end re-sprayed next month, and a couple more goodies for it!

Undecided on the wheels; refurb or a different set??

Just had a 'health check' done on it too, and the mechanics said it's running sweet as a nut! Happy days! Everything is going good so far.. Fingers crossed for the next couple of months.

I'd keep the wheels! If you sell them, you'd definitely struggle to find another set!

I'd get some coils on it it or air :thumbsup:

I'd keep the wheels! If you sell them, you'd definitely struggle to find another set!

I'd get some coils on it it or air :thumbsup:

I'll have a look around, if nothing tickles my fancy I'll probably refurb these ones!

Coilovers are needed & I can't afford air! Not sure if I could bring myself to fork out all that money :rolleyes:

Edited by Vwlup0

Tbf this is one of the nicest Lupo GTI's I've seen for a while, as it's like an OEM+ version and not on air or super low etc like a lot of others nowadays!

By all means put your mark on it, but I personally wouldn't go all out to change what's a cracking car! :)

Tbf this is one of the nicest Lupo GTI's I've seen for a while, as it's like an OEM+ version and not on air or super low etc like a lot of others nowadays!

By all means put your mark on it, but I personally wouldn't go all out to change what's a cracking car! :)

Thanks!

I think it's just in order for a tidy up to be honest.

Coilovers will be bought soon but I'm in no rush for them. Need to do something about the rear scrubbing, it's taking the nsr side wall off and no others, not sure why..

Comments are much appreciated ! :)

• Like 1

195\45\15.

12yan had 165s stretched like that Arosa, but I drive my car so didn't want stretch.

New tyres have just arrived- 165/50/15 Bridgestone. I'm a tyre fitter so I got them cheap :)

Shouldn't be too stretched- just couldn't run 195 because of the arch rubbing.

Needed to get those shocking nankangs off! :rolleyes:

The comfort is shocking. Looks good though :thumbup:

Have a look into getting a few bits hydrodipped, shark fin aerial, just little touches that add to the OEM+ theme it has going :)

There's a flocking/dipping place opposite my work, I'm getting the centre t piece of the dash flocked, and all the vents + a couple of extra bits.

I'll look into hydro dipping, not a huge fan, if rather get things sprayed like the engine cover ect.

Just got the new rubber fitted!

165/50/15 went on nicely, rims were horrendously corroded!

Anyway, loads of arch gap, but no more scrubbing!

Ordered some new bbs centre caps too! :)

8045AF18-55D1-4406-9772-3537CC641783_zps

F9481DCD-761E-4F0F-8CEE-7F991479A720_zps

70F47845-6FCA-40B7-B8C4-9FBC497318AB_zps

No I didn't use the cloths after they'd been on the floor ;)

Edited by Vwlup0

How were you getting scrubbing? I run mine with 195\45\15 tyres and get no scrubbing? I was actually thinking 10mm spacers on the rear.

I don't even know! :( the shock is fine, so it shouldn't scrub, but it did and now it doesn't. I was originally running 185/45/15. These bridgestones will perform better anyway :)