new to the scene

bradcheater

Hi all, As title says Im new to the scene.

Just passed and I'm now looking to buy my first car. A Lupo has always been a car that strikes me as fun & easy to work with and generally reliable (with it being german).. hopefully I'm right there...

I have about 1k to spend on a 1 litre model, could anyone tell me some things to look out for when buying and point me in some helpful directions.

Thanks

Hey first of all welcome to Club Lupo & nice to know you want to be part of the lupo crew ;)

Things to look out for are:

• Pedel Box in usually higher mileage Lupos

• Be aware if you test drive or buy a lupo and it seems to rev on it's own(Sounds silly) but that could be a few things like:

~Throtal Body problems

~Loss of Compression

~Brake Booster(Only going off what people have said with this one)

Other than that is just the usual:

• Rust in the Roof Track

• Rust on Arch

That's all the problems I really know about which can be major or costly, but just be sure to check the car out or take a mechanic to reassure yourself that there are no problems :)

The cars themselves are bullet proof aswell as the engines and they will last with the correct care :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply mate, helpful stuff.

I have since read up on a few of them and I'm actually visiting a car on Sunday with the view to buy, looks clean and features none of the above thankfully, or at least signs of.

Whatever car I end up with i'll show it some love, I'm sure it'll last me a while (which is helpful when your always skint!)

If you buy a one litre, start stop a few times on the test drive and make sure it revs over 3k at all times.

If it doesn't behave then just walk away, absolute arse of a problem to fix.