So the dipped beam lights have always flickered. Finally decided to sort it and just wondered if anyone has any experience with the Xenons and the components that could likely be the cause. There's no pinkish tinge and also the lights shine brightly then get dimmer as time passes. They also get Brighter when indicating or breaking. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

It is a bit dodgy in places but I've rectified what I've found. From inspection the xenon system does all appear to be OEM. Well, there's no electrical tape anywhere and I traced the wiring back to the main harness.

I thought that, but I read somewhere they have a weird earthing system and if that was bad then the unit wouldn't work, never the less I checked all the connections I could find around them and nothing appeared corroded or loose etc.

Also noticed the other night that when the xenons are on ALL the lights flicker, going to test the battery then the alternator to make sure both are working correctly. Also does anyone know if the ballasts are the same as a mk2 Laguna/S4? I've read on various forums they are the same but I haven't been able to remove my ballasts and check codes! Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Not with the xenons, it's usually the ballasts that fail (I ruled out alternator as I replaced it only a few weeks before it got unbearable as it failed!) and when I replaced the ballast all was well