Carb ice a problem?

Mavark

Hi, First time poster.

Did a search and didn't find anything matching this.

I'm building/repairing a 2000 seat arosa s 1litre to be my first road rally car (part of the SHMC). I took the air box/engine cover off and got mighty confused with the number of pipes looping back into the intake and also the tube from the heatsheild/manifold cover. I went to my local garage and asked them and they said the pipe from the manifold area is to prevent carb iceing. and the other two pipes were, one was the rocker breather tube(right hand side) and the left hand tube was... I forget what he said but... no I've forgotten.

Anyway, I was looking at putting a cone filter on it for a little more (minute) amount of power/more respnsivness and was wondering if carb icing was common problem with the arosa? I've seen many with just a 'Phat tube' sucking in cool air, but nothing that intergrates the little tube on the left. I'll probably stick a beather vent/filter on the tube from the rocker cover as im not bothered about emmisions, but I'm just confused as to what to do with the pipe on the left.

In short, Is carb ice a problem with the little 1 litre arosa?

sorry for the long winded post, I have trouble explaining my situation/questions quickly =)

cheers Mav.

When I joined the forum, that was the very first question I asked. Mine is a 1.4 and whilst I have had carb versions of the engine in Mk2 Polo's, which did suffer from carb icing, I was told the single point injection didn't. Not experienced any, but never run mine at 4am in minus 10!

When I joined the forum, that was the very first question I asked. Mine is a 1.4 and whilst I have had carb versions of the engine in Mk2 Polo's, which did suffer from carb icing, I was told the single point injection didn't. Not experienced any, but never run mine at 4am in minus 10!

minus 10. not bad. It's suposed to be more common in humid conditions when there's a lot of moistuer in the air. I'll bung a cheap cone filter on it and see what happens. If all goes well, I'll upgrade. Thanks for the reply.