New coilover set needed

bg02gar

Before changing my coilovers do u think its worth trying new top mounts? To see if it gets rid of the grinding/banging/knocking noises ? Cars been to garage and he's checked all cv joints etc all seem to be ok, he said he could see bit of leakage from damper .

Cheers mate

Seen as I'm limited to the dollar, think I'm going to have to get the fk street coilovers , (any good?) might get a set of these as well http://www.psituning.com/product.php/20097/polybush_polyurethane_top_mounts__pair____golf_mk4_etc___lupo_polo_6n_2

What you think?

Edited by bg02gar

FK Highsports are repairable if I remember correctly from when we used to sell them but you'd have to send them off to get re-valved etc in Germany so you could be unable to drive the car for a little bit. another option is just buying in the part that needs replacing rather than a full kit which may be cheaper

They're not cheap but these are pretty damn good..

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/suspension/bushes-mounts/ast-solid-top-mounts-vw-lupo.html

If there was enough interest we might get our own set developed. We've already created ones for the Clio Mk1/Mk2's, 106's and Saxo's which were a lot lower in price than AST ones so expect it would be a similar affair for the Lupo / Arosa..

not sure, development costs are not cheap so unless we either get a load of confirmed sales prior or do something like a kickstarter project to cover this then it may be some time before we could afford to do it (we're only a small family business)..