Laura's Lupo

tiggy

• 4 months later...

Small update - Finally got cup holders! Have been a while looking for them, all the Lupo's / Arosa's I found for breaking didn't have any, and it was too expensive to buy from the UK with the rate of sterling & Postage.

Just when I had decided to go to a VW Dealer and get them new, a set came up for sale 2nd hand about 40min down the road from me.

Pic of them & my Radio. I sold my MK2 Golf, so this is now my only daily at the moment :)

IMG_20151122_105646_zpsf7at5fqx.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/2/2016 at 5:03 PM, baron silas greenback said:

Looks good I'd like to stumble onto a set of cup-holders for my one

Took me ages to find a set, well worth it though!

Haven't updated this in a while, somebody backed into little Loop a while ago, I had a MK4 GTi bought so I just put the Lupo off the road and have been using the MK4 since. However I miss my Lupo so it coming out of the shed again :)

Damage was minimal to the Car, the grill panel and the bumper was damaged, Just really annoying as there was no excuse for the person who backed into it to have backed into it.

IMG_20160113_195732_zps5qdqpjxr.jpg

Anyway!

Getting a new Clutch fitted this week or next. Picked up a few parts off a fella who was breaking a red Lupo down the road from me when I was living in Loughrea. I picked up a set of Clocks, interior bonnet release handle ( already fitted ) , Indicator and wiper stalk and a grill panel.

IMG_20160412_182623_zpsklyjqu41.jpg

I've sanded and primed the grill panel, will be painted this weekend. How good of a match it'll be to the rest of the paint will be interesting!

IMG_20160515_125032_zpsvr9peevw.jpg

I've had lego valve caps on the car for a long time but I decided to get a Lego keyring as well :)

IMG_20160402_165442_zpsdtvn605e.jpg

Car was sitting like this up until a few weeks ago,

IMG_20160502_124503_zpszyicr6gg.jpg

I picked up a set of Borbets so it looks like this now, should be getting slimmer tyres fitted this weekend! Currently on 195/50 R15 which is slightly too big so I'm going for 185/45 R15 instead.

IMG_20160514_130125_zpswj4ikart.jpg

Edited by tiggy
Error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AndrewDH said:

Oh man the Borbets look so good :o

Yeah they suit it much better I think than p slots or banded steelies would have ( They were the other wheels I had in mind ).

New Clutch is fitted, new grill is sprayed and fitted too.

27175567001_4cc51c27d2_c.jpgMilo by laura, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
On 25/5/2016 at 8:48 PM, Blue Loop said:

Looking good on those Borbets!

Thanks!

Got new tyres on it and also bought a Lupo Tdi to do an engine conversion as well. The hunt for an all black interior & new seats continues.

IMG_20160626_125244_zpsmddavquh.jpg

IMG_20160708_184417_zpsgkevwle9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while.

So the Lupo is alive and well. I can say 100% that the wheels and lowering springs haven't affected the practical usability of the car at all.
I was afraid the back tyre would scrub off the arch, but its grand and I can carry a little bit of weight with no problems, Car isn't too solid or harsh on the road either.

Apart from a Labrador and various bits and bobs this is what I used to usually carry around  :lol:

IMG_20160831_202808_zpsukfaksry.jpg

I stripped the TDI lupo and sent whatever wasn't needed to the scrap yard, it's now actually cut in half.

IMG_20161027_113115_zpsbuuqrjyq.jpg

Lupos are incredibly easy to strip ( as I'm sure you all know! ) especially this one as it was from Italy there was no rust on it, and I mean no rust anywhere, no seized bolts, nothing. What would I give to come across a Golf in the same condition!

The below plus a philips head screw driver is enough to work away on a lupo and strip all the interior and more  :P

IMG_20161024_131804_zpssdavg8x4.jpg

The TDI lupo has ( or had ) pop out windows, which I love. They were a 5 minute job to remove, I just have to make the time to take out my current back windows and replace them with the pop out ones.

IMG_20161028_110625_zpslubiatgx.jpg

I recently moved to Dublin City and live in town so the Lupo only gets driven really at the weekends. The seats in the car are pretty good compared to other 1.0L cars of a similar age but on a drive to my home house in Mayo ( 3.5 - 4hr journey ) it starts to get a little uncomfortable once you go over the 2.5hr mark. I'd been thinking about new seats for the car for a long time, we all know mk4 seats go in handy enough as do mk3 seats, and some Audi seats. However I didn't like the look of any of them in a Lupo. I'd be an age trying to find Lupo Gti Seats. Next in my head was mk5 GTI seats, however something a bit more suitable, equally as nice and close by popped up - 9n3 GTi seats.

IMG_20161211_115629_zpst6fbotnk.jpg

I got all the seats to fit in the boot too  :lol:

IMG_20161211_114749_zpsbfptj7jx.jpg

So that's it for now. Windows are an easy job, seats will be a complicated one.
Next is to get an all black/dark grey interior.

Here's a shot of it I took it on my way home from mountain biking one day a while ago.

IMG_20161029_170230_zps8wbehawt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...