Lupo 3l 1.2tdi vcds maf readings

adr1an

I was hoping that there are still a few proud owners of the lupo 3l and that may be able offer me some advice.

My problem: over the past 6 months the fuel economy has slowly reduced and more recently has started to go into limp mode due to reduced low end boost. There has also been a noticeable drop in overall power especially when engine is cold.

Having done lots of research with results from vcds and Vws with similar problems I have checked vacuum pipes and boost hoses for leaks. All ok. Changed fuel filter, cleaned out fuel pump and fuel cooler. No difference. Output test for n75 appears to show it is working correctly. No sticky vains.

My readings from vcds for the maf does not reach the minimum as the suggested 600 at full load. Though it does get close at approx 540ish. I also noticed that when graphing the boost It will not stay stable and slightly dips and rises.

So my questions are:

Is this maf result right for this 1.2tdi engine. If not does anyone know what it should be? It's a pricey part and have read of some that have replaced it to no avail.

Any other things I may want to try to solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

Output test for n75 appears to show it is working correctly. No sticky vains.

The N75 might be working but it only controls the boost pressure. If the turbo VNT vanes are stuck, there won't be any pressure to control.

RAB

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your reply rab. My apologies for the way I wrote my post as it sounded like the the Vains were ok because the output test on the N75 was good. I replaced the vains about 10 months ago and all was ok. Currently vains are not sticking. When they did I got a positive boost error. Current error is negative boost related. Any other suggestions, your knowledge is aprreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses rab. The intercooler / pressure hoses where all good. After much time and head scratching I eventually found that there was a blockage in the fuel line and once cleared was back to it usual performance and economy.