Rear spacers for Lupo GTI Bathursts

jon_273

As the rear track on a GTI is 10mm narrower that the front on each side, I am looking for 10mm hubcentric spacers, but they all seem to be for front axle only (I presume the spigot on the rear hub is deeper).

What do people recommend, 8mm flat spacers or 15mm hubcentrics? Pics would help!

I had 20mm's on with the Starlites which are wider anyway and it rubbed a fair bit. I might wait till you get your 17mm's on and see how you get on. What make are they?

is the narrower rear track rule, the same for non GTis?
Nope, just the GTI's. It's not that the rear is narrower, it's that the front is wider.

Not sure, but I think they do 15mm bolt on.

" System B Centric / System B+ Centric

These two systems of wheel spacer are bolted onto the hub first using bolts supplied and then you bolt your wheel to the spacer using your existing wheel bolts. This type of spacer is only used on the thicker spacers (15mm upwards). System B+ uses additional steel inserts for even extra safety and longer life.

When fitting wheel spacers you must first ensure the surface you are fitting the spacer to is clean and free from dirt and dust particles. We recommend using a wire brush to prepare the surface. Brush on a small amount of copper grease to prevent the spacer from dislocating when you fit the wheel and help prevent rust on the hub. Tighten the wheel bolts to the factory torque settings.

For any spacers under 15mm you may have to shorten your standard wheel bolts. "

• 3 weeks later...

I could be wrong here. But adding spacers to the back will make it less understeery and more oversteery so it's not square it's like a go cart? Or are you trying to make it square?

Is this about handling or styling actually lol I could be way off here.

Adding rear spacers of 10mm each side will actually make it square, as on a GTI it's only the front track that is widened.

However my main reason for wanting some is to lose some of the tuck on the back after lowering.

Been reading up on stub axle spacers. They are about 1/4 the price of spacers but look harder to fit.