Pioneer app radio, who's got one?

As said really, who's got one? Easy to install? Just picked up a da02 cheap so looking forward to it turning up! Played with these before and always thought they look cool.

Anyway, peoples views on them?

Thanks!

Yeah i think they look great too, do you use the rear view camera? Wondered if there was any point getting one (tbh the lupos so small it doesn't need one anyway!) have you updated it to run ios7?

Brilliant! Looking toward to getting it now! What speakers and stuff have you got? Sound quality ok? And finally, which cable do you need for an iPhone 5? It was a bit vague on the pioneer website for what would be compatible!

Thanks on advance man

I had an appradio in my ST, it was really good for the money. Only swap as it's a ballache making it work with the iPhone 5.

If you have a look at Pioneers range they do some other good stuff.

Is it? I've read the update is a simple process of uploading the data onto the card and loading it onto the headunit via mem card, I'm pretty good with tech so I'll give it a go lol!

Oh and skezza, what's the app you mentioned?

Is it? I've read the update is a simple process of uploading the data onto the card and loading it onto the headunit via mem card, I'm pretty good with tech so I'll give it a go lol!

The cable that comes with it is for older apple devices. Using the newer apples means buying a kit from pioneer which I think from memory is something like £90.

My HU just has a usb input so works with any device.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=927709&srch=Pioneer+AVH-X2500+Car+Radio%2FCD+Player&categoryId=165655&langId=-1&catalogId=10151

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! £90?!? Wow that's mental!!! I've already got it which, in some respects, is a bit annoying but nothing to worry about to be honest! I got it cheap :)

Oh, you're all iPhone? Arliberator basically allows you to clone your Android screen to the appradio. Google it. It's brilliant.

Try's to make you regret you android purchase less.

Hahaha. I certainly don't regret using Android :) As good as iPhone's are, there are just too many things I can do on my Android that mean I'm unlikely to switch in the near future.

The way I see it: iPhone is great if you're happy using an iPhone. They do everything they're designed to do very well and that is fine if you're just happy browsing, e-mails, and the apps that are available. Android is better if you want to push the boundaries and explore a more technical side.

At the end of the day, the AppRadio 2 has become almost obsolete on iPhones because support has wavered and what not. Other technical issues has made it a bit of a pain to get connected to newer iPhones. Arliberator means AppRadio 2 is just as relevant on brand new Android's as it was the day it was released. Like I said, pushing the boundaries :) No support from Pioneer, just devs who are willing to work their nutsack off to provide an awesome app. I was very close to buying an AppRadio 2 for this app alone.

Still, you can't beat a bit of phone snobbery :P:D

Edited by Skezza

I have standard speakers in my gti, surprised how good they do sound! I use an iphone 4s so couldn't answer that mate.

OEM speakers are very good in VAG cars, it's just the radio itself which let them down

Yeah i've always loved the VW build quality and comfort! its a shame, the standard ones in the orange turd have been removed :( Got some other pioneers in there currently, going to replace them all with uprated and make up some adaptors as the way theyve been bodged in is pretty poor!!!