VW Beta

Thinking of putting my Beta back in the stereo and flogging my budget pioneer. The only thing I use my stereo for is listenig to the iPod, so how easy is it to add an aux input to the Beta headunit? I've seen them on ebay, is it as simple as pluggig these in and then finding somewhere for the aux point?

Also have a 6CD changer from my golf RCD300, can this be used?

If you want to use the Ipod or aux in, you won't be able to use the cd-changer as they both need the same port on the back of the radio to work. However, if you get a VW single-disc changer, this has an input that you can plug an extra into...

Dany that first one looks very classy, but I read somewhere that a Polo aux in will fit in a Lupo dash. So if someone had the wiring diagram you could make a super OEM+ go at that :)

Can't find the original part I was looking at, but it looked a lot like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-AUX-IN-SWITCH-INPUT-PORT-FIT-FOR-VW-Volkswagen-Passat-B6-B7-CC-3CD-035-249-A-/171161722720?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item27da089f60

Can't remember which Polo it was, might have been a 6R like you said.

Dany, your install is excellent. As good as anything I've seen regarding an Aux-in. I didn't try that hard with mine, I simply took the aux in cable and draped it under the plastic behind the dash.

Edited by Skezza

Can't find the original part I was looking at, but it looked a lot like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-AUX-IN-SWITCH-INPUT-PORT-FIT-FOR-VW-Volkswagen-Passat-B6-B7-CC-3CD-035-249-A-/171161722720?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item27da089f60

Can't remember which Polo it was, might have been a 6R like you said.

Dany, your install is excellent. As good as anything I've seen regarding an Aux-in. I didn't try that hard with mine, I simply took the aux in cable and draped it under the plastic behind the dash.

Does that USB work with the Beta?

If you want to install the aux slot somewhere in the car, you need a longer male-female jack cable. Like this.

Or you can go for a male-male cable and do something like this.

MwP5YEQl.jpg

Like the OEM style aux socket install but had a question that has been bugging me.

In the photo above, where the wire is coming out of, what is it ?

I can't work out what VW thought that would be used for ?

Like the OEM style aux socket install but had a question that has been bugging me.

In the photo above, where the wire is coming out of, what is it ?

I can't work out what VW thought that would be used for ?

I find its very useful for keeping a packet of Trebor extra strong mints in but you could use whatever mints you like. :yes:

• Like 1

I find its very useful for keeping a packet of Trebor extra strong mints in but you could use whatever mints you like. :yes:

:thumbup:

It's a coin and loose change tray. Euros fit in the slots.

Ray I'm going to call your bluff. Germany didn't join the Euro till 2002. Surely they were designed to carry Deutsche Mark's or just cash in general?

• 3 weeks later...

Right, refitted my Beta and installed my aux adaptor, but says no cd changer present? Adaptor i biught looks like this

ATE-For-Volkswagen-Mini-ISO-8pin-3-5mm-A

Have i bought the wrong one?

Edited by Karl_Mac_

• 3 years later...
On 15/05/2014 at 8:06 PM, Karl_Mac_ said:

Right, refitted my Beta and installed my aux adaptor, but says no cd changer present? Adaptor i biught looks like this

ATE-For-Volkswagen-Mini-ISO-8pin-3-5mm-A

Have i bought the wrong one?

Sorry to revive an old topic but i’ve just bought one and have the same issue. Did you manage to sort it?