Meet Bernard The 'Bagged' Shed - CL "Car to watch 2015" *MASSIVE CATCH UP ON ITS WAY*

amckenzie

Okay so I've been looking forward to this post and i thought i would show you. I was going to keep it a secret till after fittedUK but can't wait that long, need to keep you guys in the loop and all that ;)

So at the weekend the driver side seat was fitted after searching high and low for the part i needed to fix this seat, it came to the surface that i needed to spend £245 on a new left hand side rail motor for the little part i needed.... Nah your good audi....

Julian the friend that is the mastermind behind the audi seat fitting, came up with a genius plan to add some weld into the mix and also a few files and well.... he's a legend and pulled it of and fixed the piece.... Picccccctures!

A026C212-29BC-4934-AB0C-65B18787D329_zps

Thats the final product and it fits nice and snug into the motor and works a treat.... ok ok I've kept you waiting long enough...

E2CCD306-CB34-4451-A677-B6AA9BB635C5_zps

Brings a tear to my eye.... Looks so rad and probably the most comfortable seat I've sat in!!

This weekend the seats will be plumbed in so the electrics will work fully :)

Now just to finish the boot build and Finish up the little loose ends in the car in time for FittedUK!

A big thank you to julian for all the help he has given towards this pretty silly idea!

So there will be a good few updates this week, getting stupidly close to fittedUK!!

Alot of parts are getting picked up tomorrow and some will completely change the look of the car.

Sit tight guys, Bernard will look dope ;)

litre update before a bigg'un at the weekend. Had a little trip up the M1 to meet Amber and her beautiful car Alva, shame alva was in the paint shop so i couldn't see it in the flesh! hopefully next season Amber!!

Also got some black seat belts and lower centre console of my buddy josh at the dub club meet which was stupidly rad for a local meet every wednesday! if anyone is near birmingham/converty on a wednesday night its defiantly worth the trip!

Also got a arose sport centre console which will look dope when i get my new dials!

Pictures!....

F7422675-2C2F-4D6B-A2A0-97234AA7B9F9_zpsAFA75AEE-09D4-4B6B-BB0E-EA1E2968D4DE_zps2B9AF999-A3FF-4753-A9FC-63BDC0FE00B8_zps

Really love the look of the arosa centre console! don't know why lupos don't come with this, 10x better!!

Saturday will be a big day for bernard as the boot build will be finished and finally fitted in...that ill keep for fitted, a little surprise ;) Seats are getting plumbed in so the electrics will work.... also a lot of spraying on the little things need to be done too!!

See y'all on saturday!!

Ok this will be quite a big update, had a busy weekend. Interior time!

24A7E8A4-F75B-41AF-97C8-5BD5043F53A1_zps

First of saturday, its started with the thermostat breaking and over heating the whole engine, so a trip to the local part and new one is brought and fitted within the a couple of hours...

The carpet i picked up in the week from Amber, the lovely owner of the most beautiful lupo in my eyes, Alva! Thank you again Amber!!

7A23FCA0-4015-44DC-98AD-E0651CF7B402_zps

D3A4A274-4A81-407E-987F-3773AFEF24E2_zps

So stripping out the inside was a bit of a ball ache but ohhh it will be worth it!

1A97495A-6637-4AC2-BD58-F4B900CE941B_zps

Black carpet finally! every Lupo should have this as standard! 10x better looking! alright back to fitting

0F0071B1-8AE7-4C4C-AC67-1C5770B7B099_zps

A good hoover and clean inside, yer its under the carpet, but by god it was grim!! now its sparkling!!

Whilst i was at it, i fitted my new seat belts, all the grey will be gone!!

BDAB297F-695A-4E07-83B7-CF7D6DA01D9F_zps

Out with the old.... In with the new....

70263168-5135-4F0E-9004-E1114FB44BF2_zps

I fitted Black runners at the same time, going for that murdered look ;)

CA50C9FC-8807-4082-ACDB-2AB8440F054C_zps

Here goes the final wiring and plumbing in of the seat wires.... Yes Electric seats!!

9F6D57F2-24C8-4A2C-8AAF-A27B5748108D_zps

Super clean finished and coming out of the heated seat/airbag slit int he carpet for that OEM finish.

AAE9C5B7-11C5-4CD2-9070-A5CE11FBDE1E_zps

Seat brackets all painted up at the same time so they merge into the rest of the car.

87C6F70B-F18D-41CD-9E00-518F6D0879F3_zps

Male and Female caps on the ends so for a easy pop in pop out fitment if i ever want to change the seats.

5B3956E7-EFD7-4FBC-9C69-C8DDFF0A9DB5_zps

Note to self : Don't recover a boot build at midnight the day before s show you have to leave at 4 o'clock in the morning for....

10460508_553048204807561_671885469437906

Little rolling shot going into dub fiction at 7 in the morning....*yawn*

Ill get some nice photos of the build and the interior once I've finished off all the little bits! more updates for you guys, aren't i nice!

Explains why you were nearly asleep in your car when I saw you at dubfiction lol. Looking lovely though

Mate i was shattered!! seats are stupidly comfy too, put them together and bam i was gone!! cheers man! its weird seeing someone comment on this! its rare!

10460508_553048204807561_671885469437906

Little rolling shot going into dub fiction at 7 in the morning....*yawn*

Ill get some nice photos of the build and the interior once I've finished off all the little bits! more updates for you guys, aren't i nice!

Hahhaha just spotted myself in the background before all the other Lupo's arrived! :tongueout:

Seriously good build thread you got going on here though, keep it up!

• Like 1

Hahhaha just spotted myself in the background before all the other Lupo's arrived! :tongueout:

Seriously good build thread you got going on here though, keep it up!

aha though i knew that car from somewhere! Cheers man, just want more people getting involved and talking on it! at the moment its like im talking to myself ;)

aha though i knew that car from somewhere! Cheers man, just want more people getting involved and talking on it! at the moment its like im talking to myself ;)

Haha, I was the random guy who got there before all the other Lupos! True, but I bet a lot of people will be lurking and drolling over it dude! :thumbsup:

Nice to see some of my photos doing the rounds on here! The Lupo is coming along very nicely man; have to make sure I catch this again to snap it in its revised form! :-)

Which photo was yours man :))