Meet Bernard The 'Bagged' Shed - CL "Car to watch 2015" *MASSIVE CATCH UP ON ITS WAY*

amckenzie

Cant wait to see the lo@s when it happens

Thinking I'll be going the same way myself.

Mind if I ask how much the coilovers were?

Yer getting fine tommorow morning, weather depending, got to love English weather!!

They were £200 from venom Motorsport and took 2 days to arrive!!

Yer getting fine tommorow morning, weather depending, got to love English weather!!

They were £200 from venom Motorsport and took 2 days to arrive!!

nice

That will be my max budget I think if I go that way which pretty sure will happen sooner or later if my lass allows me to have the bankcard for 5 minutes

• Like 1

nice

That will be my max budget I think if I go that way which pretty sure will happen sooner or later if my lass allows me to have the bankcard for 5 minutes

Do it man! I certainly do recommend venom Motorsport such speedy postage!! Good luck with the missus buddy!

ok so over the weekend a lot got done to my little lupo…ill let the pictures explain….

IMG_3213_zps2c6aa7fe.jpg

So me and a few buddies got together and fitted my coil overs in a car park outside a kids play area…ghetto as hell right?! WAs quite easy mainly because i have two friends that are mechanics, took just over 2 hours with a lot of breaks….

IMG_3217_zps79f1d41d.jpg

I think this height will do just fine :clap::thumbsup: The rear was stupidly easy to fit…none of us knew it was two separate bits to install…so so easy!

IMG_3236_zps6b477674.jpg

Good thing about having mechanics as friends they have access to the top of the range equipment so i got my tracking done with some crazy laser system.Cheers dan!! didn't cost me a penny either!!

IMG_3248_zps8cff6e82.jpg

When i got home from the getting the car tracked my number plates were finally here, they look so so much better than the originals!!

Ill photograph my car very soon, getting my new interior this week! :clap:

what do you guys think so far?

Looking awesome man! where did you get the pressed plates from? :)

Off easy buddy, only £19.95 :) just make sure there the legal ones!

Getting there man, plans for mine are wheels which are en route from EOW, and JOMs after that :) a question though, what's the ride comfort and handling / "road holding" like on them? I've heard things from both ends of the review spectrum :L

So easy to fit! surprising good ride quality, a wee bit bouncy but end of the day your paying £200! i would highly recommend them mate :)

Ok so the Recaros are fitted and I actually found out they are the 25th anniversary Mk4 Golf seats :clap: so pretty stoked with that.

Ill just let the pictures talk for me..its too early in the morning….

Before...

IMG_3290_zps6f33302d.jpg

IMG_3291_zpsb15f4408.jpg

Yes that is a knife, yes i did use this. there is some really small plastic caps that were being so stupid, so i stabbed them :twisted:

IMG_3294_zpse4d90337.jpg

''I think this ride height will do just find lads''

IMG_3297_zps5e1e85ab.jpg

I don't know what the guy did t these seats before i brought them but they are hella dirty but so so so comfy!!

IMG_3298_zps12dd8934.jpg

I attacked the seats with a steam cleaner…a little better but i need to get some upholstery shampoo or something to get these grey stains out!!

Whilst having the steam cleaner out i gave a quick blitz to the engine bay, look 10x better but need to do a real detail soon and spray the air box and engine cover in the same green as the body :) also paint the rocker gold.

IMG_3300_zpsa2c461bd.jpg

The roof is going flat black on saturday morning which is rad!!

Any suggestions to what to do next? :shades:

Edited by amckenzie

Ok so the Recaros are fitted and I actually found out they are the 25th anniversary Mk4 Golf seats :clap: so pretty stoked with that.

IMG_3297_zps5e1e85ab.jpg

They're not Anni seats mate, they're just normal mk4 recaros that come in most mk4 GTi! The anni seats are a lot different see below

Anni1.JPG

None the less, good little mod! Had a red set in mine a few moons ago and they were comfy as hell!

• Like 1

How much did you pay for the seats if you mind me asking?

I payed £140 for the front and rears buddy :)

They're not Anni seats mate, they're just normal mk4 recaros that come in most mk4 GTi! The anni seats are a lot different see below

Anni1.JPG

None the less, good little mod! Had a red set in mine a few moons ago and they were comfy as hell!

This makes me sad :( getting them retrimmed anyways with the rest of the interior :))

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i haven't posted on here for a good while and I've done quite a bit, so sit back, grab some walkers (other crisp companies available) and enjoy laughing at me trying to make my car look good! or should i say struggle?

My buddies over at HERTZSIGNS in hatfield were kind enough to wrap my roof for me, been wanted a gloss black roof since the day i brought the car and finally got it done.

Before

IMG_3361_zps636e3622.jpg

During..

IIMG_3362_zpsa9143544.jpg

After...

IMG_3367_zpse2bc2e67.jpg

Looks so good and really stoked with it, stupidly good finished and so well done! ok on to the next mod...

The stock sport wheels weren't cutting it for me and I've had a set of G60's sitting around for a while so off to get new tires then onto the car!

IMG_3424_zps30f402f4.jpg

I know the tires look like massive ballons but these will be my winter wheel so i wanted some cushioning from the pot holes we all love and adore...

IMG_3428_zps9f6af7ab.jpg

Looks pretty rad on the g60's just wanting some merc caps for them now...

Since I've had the car i haven't given it a good clean, I've seen a few people with snow foam lances so i thought ill go have a look and maybe buying one. Saw the price turned around and walked out. my and my buddy had a think and though we should make our own.... so after searching around the shops for a bit we found a £6 weed sprayer from home base.... 'you what' yes i know you thinking that but by god it works well!

IMG_3436_zps1ad9e2c1.jpg

we had to make a few modifications to it but it works a treat and seriously gets that car shiny!

IMG_3439_zpsd6dbbf77.jpg

SO after getting G60's on i decided to lower the car a little more for scene points of course but then my girlfriends crazy paved drive way happened and did this...

IMG_3524_zps0fbb3756.jpg

Snapped straight off, laughed so hard, her dad wasn't too impressed that i wrecked the drive... low life yo!

So with the lows i put on the scrubbing started so I decided to roll the arches a little, with a car jack, a mallet and a hair dryer....again probably thinking 'what the hell' with my buddies arch roller lost, this was the only way we could do it and surprisingly worked really well... i smell more lows on the horizon...

A shamless selfie of my car...damn she's shiny...oh and the girlfriend too...

IMG_3612_zps09e2948e.jpg

Ok so went to the standard Sainsburys car park cruise and on the way back, i did a rookie mistake. Promise me lads and ladies you will never look down whilst driving, ever. Probaly the scariest moment so far in my life.... Any one want a slice of G60?

IMG_3641_zpsd1836798.jpg

AS you can tell thats a perfect shape of a curb... Alex you muppet... lucky nothing else was damaged in my car other than the starbucks cup that hit the roof lining...

So this is what I've been looking forward to showing for a while, drove a 300 mile round trip to collect and should be fitted for FittedUK in july

IMG_3982_zps34df955f.jpg

Any guesses gets a cookie ;) cannot wait to get them in!! anyone else running them?

Ok so i got talked into buying a clay kit and some god wax to seal the car and get it like glass.... 4 hours later i had a mirror for a car..

IMG_4011_zps7174c117.jpg

so stupidly clean until the next day and bird ****... just my luck!! is anyone going players? it will be clean for that!!

Cheers for reading this stupidly long post, i will try and do more weekly postings from now on!

see you at players!!!

looking rude Mr.... are the new seats audi tts?

Yessssss mark 2, fully electric, no manual controls, will be a ball ache to fit. haven't seen it done recently :)

Driving to players today.. Stopping at a mates, then rest of the way on Saturday morning.

Weather is looking poop at the moment.

ill be there with some new wheels ;) haven't shown you guys yet! forgot to buy a ticket so I'm not even going to be in the gates haha!! try and spot my car!