Sub Boot Build

• 4 weeks later...

I made a boot build using the spare wheel space. I think I might have some pictures in my old phone, if you're still interested in getting new ideas.

Sorry mate :/ I checked my phone and apparently I have no pictures at all...

At the moment I'm so far away from my car that I can't even take new ones for a week or so. But I'll send them later.

In the meantime I can just explain what I did so you get at least some idea of what it is like.

Most people would probably build a box for the sub, but I thought that it would just take too much valuable space :)

I used the spare wheel space itself as a box.

The biggest challenge is to get it totally air proof. I used a tube of silicone sealant and some rubber sheet I found to close all the small holes..

Also the place where the plastic starts, I stuffed that with some rubber and silicone sealant. I marked that in the picture below with that red line and those arrows :P

Lupoboot1_zps9bdf2ccd.jpg

When all the holes were filled, I covered the whole space with soundproofing mat..

After that I made out of wood the top for the box, with the hole for the 12" sub in the middle of it.

One challenge was to figure out how to fasten it. In front, there are those two overhangs which you can use, and at the back you can easily drill holes and fasten it there :) There is a terrible picture of that below..

Lupoboot2_zps36c180a7.jpg

And again, it had to be made air proof, so lots of silicone to make sure of that :)

Then just make a decent hole for the sub in the original boot floor. After that it was pretty much done, just the speaker and amplifier needed to be installed.

I almost forgot to mention that before closing the box completely, wires need to be added as well for the speaker :P

After a while I made a fake floor to protect the speaker and to hide the amplifier. The idea of that is similar to this..

SubVW_zps84712d07.jpg

Idea similar, but ending a bit different. I'll post pictures here as soon as I can.

All in all this whole thing works really well and it sounds great!

I hope you got some new ideas.

At least I found out that it's not so easy to try to explain what you did without decent pictures :/ I did my best anyways :)