Definitive OEM+ thread?

Karl_Mac_

In the process of removing a few bits of interior trim so I can have them sprayed piano black, is there a central thread for any other OEM+ bits and pieces you can do?

I'd like to look at other things like different auto shifters, sunglasses holder, GTi wiper arms etc... that are fairly cheap and easy to do. This thread could hopefully link off to other 'How To' threads.

I actually think an OEM + with links to the guides in the How To would be ideal.

OEM+ Mods:

Remote Central Locking

MK4 Boot Light (my upcoming How To when I get chance)

Aftermarket Heated Seats

Fog Lights (I believe Mattarosa and someone else have done decent guides for this)

Must be more :)

Skezz, I'm up for that boot light!

I've got it all wired in. Just need to drill the hole in the plastic and then it's finished. Just haven't had the time to really do it. One of those jobs you need to do carefully. The light shares the same circuit as the interior light, which is obviously controlled by central locking microswitch which is ideal. As soon as you unlock your car, it comes on. Alternatively, you can control it from the interior light itself. I'll have a demo up on YouTube eventually and I'll chuck together some instructions. All you need is the boot light, preferably MK4 for OEM'ness (a few pounds off ebay) and the plug that goes into the boot light. I'll put the part number up for the plug as they were a bit difficult to find on eBay, however a scrappy gave me one for free with a load of other stuff I'd bought. He didn't cut the wires off right by the plug so I didn't even need to put new ones in :D

Karl, Mattarosa has fitted one to his BETA :D

Edited by Skezza

Does anyone know if this could be made to work with the standard Beta tape deck?

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,79445.0.html

Possibly via the Changer Port yes, although I think Mattarosa has just fitted a changer and needed a special loom. Could be worth a PM.

I think I read that the mkv one wouldn't work with the beta or gamma headunit, I used the one out of a mkiv armrest the adaptor cable was because the armrest has a different connector on than the in dash but does all the same things the face looks exactly the same.

I actually think an OEM + with links to the guides in the How To would be ideal.

OEM+ Mods:

Remote Central Locking

MK4 Boot Light (my upcoming How To when I get chance)

Aftermarket Heated Seats

Fog Lights (I believe Mattarosa and someone else have done decent guides for this)

Must be more :)

'Twas me, and HERE is the fog light guide

What wheel is that? And how much do they go for?

its a lupo steering wheel that has been re-worked to match the mk6 golf gti wheel but keeping the lupo airbag its custom made