Lupo1.0se's Lupo GTI. Deutsche fest

lupo1.0se

So after a long time of not writing much about the Black Lupo Se. I decide to buy a GTI (I am still keeping the Lupo SE as a daily). After not much searching I came across this example. A deal was struck and it arrived yesterday.

When I got it. Plenty to do.

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

So after a hover, de-sticker, de-carbon wrap, de-tint, and clean of the bay. It scrubbed up well. (I have washed it since)

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_4954.JPG

The main reason for buying though...

IMG_4960.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

Nice to see someone else with more than one Lupo! It looks a good example that already has a few mods. Do you know what exhaust it's got?

Standard. As far as I am aware.

Title was confusing at first, but good base for a GTI!

Thank you

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 4:47 PM, jon_273 said:

The exhaust tips look bigger and thinner than the standard ones.

Hmm. Strange one. I have had a look through the service history (what I have) and there is no mention about an exhaust.

Anyway I have just put the standard seats back in. Much better now (old ones will be up for sale shortly)

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0568.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

Wet, hey! Welcome!

Tips could just look different 'cause they're dirty! Give them a good clean and post another pic's.

PS nice colour!

Will do silver at some point. I have spent most of Saturday and sunday getting to this stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Further to Johns question about the exhaust. They have exhaust tips on them - I have no idea why on this one. Anyway more work done.

All stickers have been removed. Number plate holders removed - which I discovered the plates where held on with tape in the past and has partly scratched the paint - grrr. But otherwise quite clean. Also found some correct rear headrests now. Still trying to clean the arches - very hard when wheels are in the way but a lot of mud came out the rear PAS.

DSCF0605.JPG

DSCF0607.JPG

DSCF0608.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

Nice gti! Best colour imo

It's coming along nicely.

Thanks. Both cars have been causing me problems this month - Gti may have a coolant leak, the Black one well it needed a front new exhaust section, check strap and had a small oil leak. I will persevere!

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. At present the GTI is in for paint. Having the rear spoiler, tailgate, number plate section on the rear bumper and lower front valence repainted. The black lupo is back to full health. Needed new wheel bearings.

IMG_20140403_173048138_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140403_173053485.jpg

IMG_20140403_173105498_HDR.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

Very nice GTi!! I miss her!! But not the fuel bill! Lol

I still use the other lupo - but I had to use this for about two weeks when there was some problems. Otherwise its all good.

• 4 weeks later...

Paint work finally finished.

DSCF0616.JPG

Also managed (with help from my dad), to get those silly exhaust tips off. During and after a good clean.

DSCF0635.JPG

DSCF0636.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

Nice to see it being restored to original spec. I'm doing the same with mine at the moment.

Thanks John. Its very close. Still a few things to do though. Bought a 6 CD changes (as it should have). A few other little pieces. Still need the correct gearknob.

This answers my question i asked a while ago, they are tips after all. Do they come off easily? What's the diameter of one?

The GTI has tips welded on. These where added on by a former owner. They where a pain in the butt to get off. The clamps where rusted. They are very distorted so I cannot give you a diameter.

Nice to see one being returned to standard as has been said, not wishing to offend those who like to mod their GTIs but with their relative rarity it's good to see one being left alone :thumbsup: says me with one that's been lowered :tongueout:

• Like 1

Nice to see one being returned to standard as has been said, not wishing to offend those who like to mod their GTIs but with their relative rarity it's good to see one being left alone :thumbsup: says me with one that's been lowered :tongueout:

Thanks Mate. It is hard to get those difficult parts but I am working on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well. I have been doing the shows (shame about the lack of lupos at the shows I have been too....) But anyway, the GTi won best watercooled at Spit & Polish. Really chuffed.

IMG_20140525_134651433.jpg

IMG_20140525_135104555.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get a original sets of mats.

Still need to get the original gearknob and do a couple of things. But it is very close to original.....

DSCF0641.JPG

DSCF0642.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se