Lupo1.0se's Lupo GTI. Deutsche fest

lupo1.0se

Nice GTI! Did I see this at Stonor park?

Yes I was at stonor. Still needs more work though.

Hey mate where did you get the mats from?

Next to impossible. Been obsolete for years. I put it as a want advert. I missed out on 1 set by a couple of days (quite annoyed as the guy was selling a GTi with two sets of mats!!!!). Then another guy offered me a set. Although they are pricey......

Next to impossible. Been obsolete for years. I put it as a want advert. I missed out on 1 set by a couple of days (quite annoyed as the guy was selling a GTi with two sets of mats!!!!). Then another guy offered me a set. Although they are pricey......

Ah right ok cheers mate ill keep my eyes peeled!

are the silver speedo and revmeter covers GTI standard or are they custom made?

They are standard on all GTi's. Sets do come up from time to time but you need the clock covers as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Right. Managed to get a new gear knob! (and some new suspension caps as the originals where cracked). So the interior is now fully back to standard.

Please excuse the grey mats they are protecting the originals!!! I also cleaned the washer bottle, it was full of dirt and who knows what and found out why the car smelt a bit damp. It was due to a blocked drainage port on the drivers side.

DSCF0643.JPG

DSCF0647.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

In the area where the ecu is kept, there is a drainage hole that leads to the wing, and these can block up with leaf mulch and other crap. Mine did the same, cleaned it out, no more water!

Can you tell me more about this? My car also smells alittle "damp".

In the area where the ecu is kept, there is a drainage hole that leads to the wing, and these can block up with leaf mulch and other crap. Mine did the same, cleaned it out, no more water!

Yep as above. The drainage port on the drives side was blocked.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my original looks different to that too.

That's the one I ordered from Vw. So I am not sure about that. Its the same as the one that came out of the car.