Lupo1.0se's Lupo GTI. Deutsche fest

lupo1.0se

9 hours ago, Silver! said:

Well done. Too many wrong descisions made in "awarding" at car shows in my opinion.

bad enough when it's modifies; but at least there is an excuse of personal preference of the judges, but when it's concourse their should be no excuses.

Straight down to originality, condition and cleanliness.

i could have leant you my OE dog guard and roof bars, that would be good for originality and the extra 2 points ???

...so do the judges question you about the car and what has been done?

He did. I ran through what I have done etc. To be honest 98/100. I do not think the accessories would made much difference. I have an original brochure, dealer vs, vw lupo coat, original vw lupo chilli sample too

I have a pair of roof bars but not key. I got them for a real bargain.

3 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

He did. I ran through what I have done etc. To be honest 98/100. I do not think the accessories would made much difference. I have an original brochure, dealer vs, vw lupo coat, original vw lupo chilli sample too

I have a pair of roof bars but not key. I got them for a real bargain.

I was just jesting. You should be proud of 98/100. You done good ? 

7 hours ago, Silver! said:

I was just jesting. You should be proud of 98/100. You done good ? 

No probs. Just recalling on favoritism. I have seen one judge 4 shows I have been to or going to.

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Deutsche fest at Brands Hatch Today and I was awarded a Top 10 award. Just to clarify what that entails. I was in the top 10 of all cars in the show shine which included BMW's, Audis, Mercedes and Volkswagens.

So I will be there tomorrow in the Winner Row where an extra 5 wildcard cars will be entered too (So top 15 including Wild Card cars).

Then a vote (on facebook) will open to visitors to vote for all 15 cars for car of show.

Here is a pic from the show.

IMG_7148.JPG

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

I’d like to help you have the car looking just as it rolled out of the factory,let’s swap rear lights!

I am happy with the lights i have. They are something that could of been done at a dealer. They have been on the car longer than the orignals have.

GTI's are listed as being fitted with 'darkened lenses' from the factory, so should have come with Cambridge lights anyway, don't know why they didn't though...