Lupo1.0se's Lupo GTI. Deutsche fest

lupo1.0se

• 2 months later...

Slight update. After waiting 4 months. The new exhaust has been fitted. Much better. ATM I am awaiting quotes on paintwork. Hopefully will be booked in in 2017.

DSCF1649.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se
photo dead

4 minutes ago, lupogtiboy said:

The backbox is around £400+ if i recall right

Sounds about right. Although I bought a middle box too. The rear box is big money.  Where as the middle box is reasonable.

Edited by lupo1.0se

1 hour ago, Rich said:

that's not bad.

I plan to keep my gti for another 40 or so years so I should get on this.

100% worth it. The back box on mine was rattling on idle. Very annoying. As soon as both boxes where taken out you could see it was quite bad. I have kept the original box as a template if I get stuck.

• 3 months later...

An update (well it has been a while). I finally bit the bullet and put the GTi in for paint. There was some bits I was not happy with. The spoiler being the main issue. Thanks to Dale I was able to procure one from him (sad to see him go).

Also other paint work issues included was around the front bumper where there was some bad runs and a mark. Also a couple of minor bits. But its looking good. Here are some pics.

IMG_20170421_142258525.jpg

IMG_20170421_142406344.jpg

IMG_20170421_142427895.jpg

IMG_20170421_142450144.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 6:53 PM, cardaft said:

Really nice to see one in standard spec and to showroom condition, that's a real credit to you B)

On 25/04/2017 at 7:21 PM, Blue Loop said:

Good work taking care of it :)

Thanks for above. It is taking time buffet coming togther. Should be ready on Friday.  First car show on sunday

• 1 month later...

Nice to finally meet you yesterday at Stonor and see just how nice this GTI is in the flesh! Did you win anything?

3 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Nice to finally meet you yesterday at Stonor and see just how nice this GTI is in the flesh! Did you win anything?

Just about to write something up. Its a long one.

Nice to meet you too.

Stonor Park Report

So I entered the category 20, 92 on unmodified vw (or similar cannot recall). Here is the photo with the 5 other enterants which are as follows

A 55 Plate Passat Estate

61 Plate Mk7 Golf

06 Plate Seat Leon

07 Plate Mk5 Golf Gti

Private Plate Mk4 Golf Diesel

and Me

So judging happened around 2pm. I was the last I showed the judge around the car and he seemed quite happy, I collected the score sheet and I scored 98/100. Pretty happy with that result.

IMG_6798.JPG

Stonor.jpg

But this is where the story turns on its head. The Passat came 1st and 2nd came the golf mk4 parked next to me. This is the same golf that was parked next to me which had  'dirty diesel' sticker in the back, dents on the doors, wrong coloured wheels and the judge could not see the full boot when judging this (witnessed this myself), so I am not sure how they could class this as standard or gain an accurate result? Then before the results where announced I overheard the golf mk4 owner said that the organiser's may of put the 2nd place award on the wrong car. I do not know whether this is true or not. But too loose in that way kinda of sucks in sense.

I did bump into the judge on the way back and asked him what the score was with the golf (out of 100). He seemed reluctant to tell me (I did not get this answer in the end). But he did say my car was really nice.

Overall I am not sure what to make of it. But I will let you decide.

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Wow, 98/100, I'd be really proud of that if I was you! I hope yu told him your exhaust was all new and original too :). You should have won!

Thanks for the comment. I did tell him about the exhaust/waiting time

• 4 weeks later...

All the photos re-uploaded now. Also won at a couple of shows as well

Vw Tomie- won some tickets for the Kent Vw fest

Bundle of dubz. Highly commended (although I left early so I got this in the post.) Here is a pic though.

IMG_20170802_173622376.jpg

Well done. Too many wrong descisions made in "awarding" at car shows in my opinion.

bad enough when it's modifies; but at least there is an excuse of personal preference of the judges, but when it's concourse their should be no excuses.

Straight down to originality, condition and cleanliness.

i could have leant you my OE dog guard and roof bars, that would be good for originality and the extra 2 points ???

...so do the judges question you about the car and what has been done?