mk4 rear calipers on a gti

vpolo

I've been in need of new rear callipers for the lupo and I'm sure i read a thread about up grading the rears using mk4 callipers. i can't find said thread so what are people using? i know mk4's have larger pots and theres loads of different sizes but the question is, is there any thing different with mounting points ???

any one ?

cheers

they are banjo fitting so will need some new rear lines.

im pretty sure polo/Lupo rear calipers fit on a MK2 which means they could also fit where you want them.

even if you bought some second hand there is a market for them and you could pass them off for what you paid.

actually.. dont you have a MK2 golf?

I just bought new braided hoses all round and the "beam to calliper" rear hoses have to be MK2\MK4 upgrade hoses as apparently the rear callipers are MK4 Golf already.

:ninja:

they are banjo fitting so will need some new rear lines.

im pretty sure polo/Lupo rear calipers fit on a MK2 which means they could also fit where you want them.

even if you bought some second hand there is a market for them and you could pass them off for what you paid.

actually.. dont you have a MK2 golf?

yup i sure do and its already got a mk4 rear convertion =]

I just bought new braided hoses all round and the "beam to calliper" rear hoses have to be MK2\MK4 upgrade hoses as apparently the rear callipers are MK4 Golf already.

:ninja:

i didn't know if they had the same mounting points and theres loads of different cylinder sizes on the callipers.

Yes, maybe just the hose connections are the same.

I looked on VWSpares where I bought my new rear callipers, maybe the Lupo GTI has the same as the non GTI MK4.

...or maybe they just share the same hose connection.