Stretch tires

JamieONeillbmx

Just checking as if you try stretch them too much im thinking that the tires lip would blow off as it isnt sealing to the lip asmuch ( thats why i asked about smaller tires as it would seal! Obv thinking about it now tho its not gunna work try and get a 14 inch tire in a 15 inch rim haha just didnt quite think did i)

I'm running on 9j x16" rims on 215/35/r16 tyres and know a few people running on 205/40/16.

It depends on the width of the wheels you have, standard width won't get you much stretch and it depends how much stretch you're looking for. I have quite a bit and no trouble with tyres popping off or any of these horror stories you hear, had them on for 2 years now with loads of potholes in my area.

Keal.

But as the others have said get the same diameter of your current wheels and get a thinner tyre. Ask around for some free old tyres if you're not sure and try them on before you buy new ones as it will save you spending loads on the wrong ones.

Keal.