I had a crash

GeoScars

How the hell did you manage to skid into on coming traffic?

Most definetly a write off, looks like you've seriously knackered the steering components, wishbones, subframe, track rod ends, driveshaft. Not to mention any damage to the steering rack/chassis.

If the cars not lowered it also looks like you're suspension has collapsed?

If you do the work yourself and it is just bolt on/bolt off damage, maybe you could consider fixing it ?

You will need to assess it properly though, I assume you're not going through insurance ?

New bumper, sill, wheel, tyre, suspension leg, wishbone, cv joint, driveshaft... That's just from that one photograph. Add the airbags etc and it's never getting fixed for a reasonable cost

Still, it will teach you to slow down won't it, so not all bad

yeah skezza and we haven't even looked under the bonnet at such things as chassis legs, suspension top mounts, inner wing damage or even bulkhead damage. I hate to seem dramatic but in a lot of instances it's like an iceberg - most of it is beneath the surface. yes it's fixable if you've got plenty money to chuck at it but I think an alignment check would be in order. is the car worth that much to you?

bear in mind also if you break it to make sure that none of the parts you sell are dodgy too. geoff

It's just a 1.0 E right? I'd break it. There's a hell of a lot of visible damage there and that's without getting the bonnet up (unless you have?). Pov spec 1.0 E's are cheap as chips, buy another, break that one, salvage a few parts that you want, break the rest and sell it on eBay. Obviously that might not be possible if you haven't got space but it's a good way to cover your costs. You can easily make as much as you paid for the original car if not more.

Accidents happen eh? :)

• Like 1

Make sure your next car has ABS

Might not have really helped in this situation. Depends how the OP was driving. The car looks very wet from the photo. I just wonder if the whole 'drive to the conditions of the road' philosophy was a bit lost.

Tbh I'll take all this into consideration and look for another Lupo cause I love the little cars, yeah I think the surface water and speed wasn't completely taken into consideration but then again live and learn. With the bonnet up everything looks nice and intacted I'll get a picture

Tbh I'll take all this into consideration and look for another Lupo cause I love the little cars, yeah I think the surface water and speed wasn't completely taken into consideration but then again live and learn. With the bonnet up everything looks nice and intacted I'll get a picture

From your picture I bet your hair got in the way whilst crying from some emo song.

From your picture I bet your hair got in the way whilst crying from some emo song.

It was only a matter of time haha!

We've all been young and silly (I still am), slow it down and learn from this. You've obviously gone too fast for the conditions and locked up and **** yourself steering into a kurb. Put this one down to experience, break what you can from this and get another lupo for £500 and count your lucky stars no one was hurt

It was only a matter of time haha!

We've all been young and silly (I still am), slow it down and learn from this. You've obviously gone too fast for the conditions and locked up and **** yourself steering into a kurb. Put this one down to experience, break what you can from this and get another lupo for £500 and count your lucky stars no one was hurt

+1. I jest. I crashed my 1st arosa from being a fanny. Learn from it and just be lucky nothing worse happened.