Borbet alloys

markyt75

Hi

Thought it was about time I got rid of my steel wheels for some alloys, on having a look around and asking a few local people I have been offered a set of 5 Borbet A super wheels 14 inch for £70.

Granted they need a dam good clean and probably some paint but as I am new to VW are they a good wheel to have and is it a good price?

Any feedback would be good

Cheers Mark

lupowheel_zps08445b7a.png

Hahaha na. Tempted to sand them down an paint them white tho, my lupo is blue. What do you think ?

Even better, my Lupo's white so they'll look great.

There was someone on here with white steels on a blue car, looked pretty good.

I thought too. Ebay prices vary from £150 to £280 for a mint set. Picture will be good as Im on.the fence about painting then now :-\

I took inspiration from someone who had painted some G60's themselves and they turned out reall nicely! They wasn't too confident at 1st but the results really looked good :)

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing that ive made my mind up to go white. I'll post some pictures when I get started on them.:-D

Good choice! It's really fun doing it yourself and something you can be proud of when they're on your car :)

Here's how mine look after the 1st coat of primer:

20140202_162712_zps9b82cf4b.jpg

Home spray booth ftw! :tongueout:

20140202_162723_zpsb5e36ea3.jpg

Decided to paint them a creame colour. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dreading that part fella !!! Haha

Finished painting my wheels this weekend and this is what they look like! Decided to go cream to match my front badge, just can't wait to put the centers on and get them on the car! :)

20140215_1323181_zpse01b2e84.jpg

20140215_1323001_zps7c62fa33.jpg

They look great T3LLIOT. I love the sprayed steel look, G60 or not. I've been tempted recently so get a set of standard steelies, rub them down and spray them silver like on a lot of euro Lupo's and just see how they look. There's a guy selling steelies near me, he's pulling of broken Lupo's for about £10 with a tyre (in various states of wear) lol.

They look great when done well, would be a fun little practice job :)

They look great T3LLIOT. I love the sprayed steel look, G60 or not. I've been tempted recently so get a set of standard steelies, rub them down and spray them silver like on a lot of euro Lupo's and just see how they look. There's a guy selling steelies near me, he's pulling of broken Lupo's for about £10 with a tyre (in various states of wear) lol.

They look great when done well, would be a fun little practice job :)

Thanks Skezza! :thumbsup: The finish isn't perfect, but I'm really happy with my efforts!

Go for it! If you're like me, you'll really enjoy it and it's something you can be quite proud of! :)

Thanks Skezza! :thumbsup: The finish isn't perfect, but I'm really happy with my efforts!

Go for it! If you're like me, you'll really enjoy it and it's something you can be quite proud of! :)

To be honest, I'm not sure it's really worth trying to get it perfect on wheels. I suppose if you wanted to get it perfect, you could take a 1200 grit then work up to a 2000 grit, might just take the imperfections out but really, is it worth it? Doubt it.

Good job dude, get some photos of them on the car :D

To be honest, I'm not sure it's really worth trying to get it perfect on wheels. I suppose if you wanted to get it perfect, you could take a 1200 grit then work up to a 2000 grit, might just take the imperfections out but really, is it worth it? Doubt it.

Good job dude, get some photos of them on the car :D

My thoughts exactly! Really close up and if you were nit picking there will be imperfections but you're right, it wouldn't have been worth it!

Thanks and I will asap! :D