Engine conversion's ??

HJLUPO

I know a few of you will say this has been covered a million times already but I have a 1.0mpi on a W reg and I'm wanting to do an engine conversion but I want to know what will fit and be a direct fit ?

I know people use the 1.8t engines but from what ? Audi tt or audi a3 ?

What about a clio 172 2.0 engine would they fit ??

Looking for ideas really

I know a lot of people will say just sell the 1.0 but this car is in mint bodywork and the shell is mint so it's gonna be a good base to start from !!

you can make anything fit, it's a matter of how long you want to spend doing it and how much money you have of course. geoff

Thing is Geoff I can be along time project to be fair , as for the money that's not really an issue as such as long as I can spread it out and not spend it all in 1 go lol

I've been asking a few garages to be fair some say to buy a doner car so they can swap everything from it , it's just picking the best engine to tune really

I've been asking a few garages to be fair some say to buy a doner car so they can swap everything from it , it's just picking the best engine to tune really

The 1.8 20vT has been proven to be a solid base for conversions. You really need to spend a few hours on google (and look at some of the build threads on here) to understand which variant of the engine will be best and what custom parts you'll need fabricating.

Don't be under any illusions, no engine 'just drops in'. All will require custom, mounts, driveshafts and electrics.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the car is stripped inside and will be going to my mates garage for the 1.8t AGU 20v engine to be put in ....... Sooooooo can't wait !!

£10 says it wont happen.

Yes of course a 172 engine will fit straight in.

Just have to move the bottom engine mount. Slips in really nicely.

Never does. People under estimate how much it costs and how much effort is required. Not enough research is done. People think the 1.8 just "slots in" but it's a lot of work.

But you could be £10 richer if you prove me wrong.

Your mate knows what he is doing does he? I will wait patiently on results.

When I was talking to him , he was confident he can do it and has done a couple of golf conversions , so I'm guessing he does lol like you say I will also wait patiently on results and if I do get a few updates I'll be posting pics up as soon as I can.

Why do u think it won't happen ?? I have no reason to lie lol , I'm guessing there has been many saying there gonna do it and not ??

Why can't you just support me instead of saying it won't happen ? And when the car does come out and it's done u will look daft why do it ?

He said around £1750 all in , and time frame I've said to him I'm not in a great rush he said he be looking hopefully around 3 weeks

I'm sorry but 3 weeks is by far not enough time !!!

I'm sorry but 3 weeks is by far not enough time !!!

The man says it only takes 3 weeks. You should trust him. I don't that's why I've got £10 coming my way if it doesn't happen lol.

Actually that's 1 week down. 2 more to go.

Actually that's 1 week down. 2 more to go.