bump strips! -easy to remove or not?

jessperkins17

Foam trim tape, use fishing line and cut between the strip and the door, then use sticky stuff remover to clean the remains off. You may be able to get more off if you heat it with a hair dryer before you start with the Sticky Stuff Remover.

Like the other person said, fishing line/dental floss and a hairdryer. When I debadged the lettering off mine, I used thin cardboard and the hairdryer and just wiggled the cardboard til they came off. Anything thin will do the trick but with bumper strips maybe something a little stronger than cardboard :lol:

The gunk underneath is the worst stuff to get off, use some form of degreaser and does come off but still needs a bit of hard work. Be careful with the hairdryer aswell, you don't want to get the paint too hot, it'll bubble. Hopefully the paint colour underneath will be ok for you.

ahh thank you! yeah my badges on the back came off alright and I did have to scrub the residue off hahahah there is a slight different shade in colour but hopefully these will be okay aswell! just lucky its not french and they are actually in the bodywork and you have to fill the holes in hahah :)

Yes I had slight bodywork colour differences too where the lettering came off, I could see the letters close up but I think mine have just faded in with the rest of the car now. They will fade in time. Mine came without the bumper strips, whether somebody took them off or what, idk. What will you do if there's massive colour difference when you take the strips off?

Edited by Elz8462

Blue shouldn't be to bad - VAG reds are famous for fading. If there is not a lacquer coat on top of the paint (non metallic), T-Cut (read the instructions) and a strong arm, or if feeling really rich, a bodyshop should be able to do a mechanical cut.

Spartan has a point, I can't see that shade of blue could be too badly faded. Red's are definitely pretty bad with the fading. My bodywork colour doesn't look faded at all, it had been garaged practically all it's life but the obvious fading when I took the letters off was pretty bad.

cheers guys! yeah up close I can see where the letters were on the back but its not too bad and hopefully the bump strips will be the same! ill just put alot of elbow grease into it hahah! i have seen loads of arosa's online without the bump strips on ans havent really seen any different not that it would show up on a piccy that bad haha ill just have to deal with it!! not feeling rich for a garage hahah got no money just trying to get through my first year of driving then hopefully my insurance will drop and ill have the money for some other mods hahah :)

cheers guys! yeah up close I can see where the letters were on the back but its not too bad and hopefully the bump strips will be the same! ill just put alot of elbow grease into it hahah! i have seen loads of arosa's online without the bump strips on ans havent really seen any different not that it would show up on a piccy that bad haha ill just have to deal with it!! not feeling rich for a garage hahah got no money just trying to get through my first year of driving then hopefully my insurance will drop and ill have the money for some other mods hahah :)

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance when you policy comes up for renewal.

Regards,

Dan.

Oh I know, i'd be walking across a car park and be like "damn I can see the lettering from here!!" And my partner would just be like, "what.. there's nothing there?!" Haha. I agree they look soooo much tidier and slicker without them, it's the little detailing that makes a car sometimes.