Lupo Gti 1.8t project

Mr.Badbrains

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 9:18 AM, Mr.Badbrains said:

Here is an easy and cheap fix for noisy window regulators. Whenever I closed the doors while windows were down there was a nasty rattle. Turned out the plastic sliders were worn out and loose.

Replaced those and greased the guides and its all good and silent. 

14557898.jpg

Did you have any problems after fitting? I've fit some to my drivers window today and now it no longer goes up.

• 6 months later...

Took the transmission out. Seems like some of the previous owners had done the clutch already as I think oem one would be LUK.

Epytec lightweight flywheel going in and new clutch parts just for the sake for it.

14677454.t.jpg

14677459.t.jpg

Need to weight the oem flywheel for comparison.

14677452.t.jpg

I think I will give the transmission a good clean with pressure washer and maybe some paint as it looks filthy now.

13 minutes ago, mk2 said:

I wonder what that is? Something that can take 800c red hot, and not get destroyed. Bit of exhaust gasket perhaps. Interesting.

That piece is just some paint chip off the block that happened to fall in there but the cell looks pretty much collapsed imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

14715221.jpg

Gearbox turned out fine. Not perfect but no one will ever see it so...

And Lupo is running again. Flywheel feels great and exhaust sounds nice. Too bad I'm getting some random codes from both 02 sensors. I don't believe the manifold is leaking as I've checked it many times but somehow sensor 1 is seeing too much oxygen now. Might need a remap. I did put a spacer on the second sensor trying to trick the ecu but seems like thats not working either.

14715230.jpg

14715232.jpg

14715237.jpg

14715231.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr.Badbrains said:

14715221.jpg

Gearbox turned out fine. Not perfect but no one will ever see it so...

And Lupo is running again. Flywheel feels great and exhaust sounds nice. Too bad I'm getting some random codes from both 02 sensors. I don't believe the manifold is leaking as I've checked it many times but somehow sensor 1 is seeing too much oxygen now. Might need a remap. I did put a spacer on the second sensor trying to trick the ecu but seems like thats not working either. 

14715230.jpg

14715232.jpg

14715237.jpg

14715231.jpg

I think your engine light is coming from the decat

51 minutes ago, Mr.Badbrains said:

Too bad I'm getting some random codes from both 02 sensors. I don't believe the manifold is leaking as I've checked it many times but somehow sensor 1 is seeing too much oxygen now. Might need a remap. I did put a spacer on the second sensor trying to trick the ecu but seems like thats not working either.

Mine has the KAM manifold and system, fast road cams + dbilas inlet manifold and it was mapped, it was throwing code for too much oxygen,  new sensors and a 20 mm spacer on the first lambda seemed to sort the oxygen code, but unsure if that had messed up fueling

So only code remaining is: 17526 - oxygen (lambda) sensor heating b1 s2 open circuit

Could this be due decat? I think the sensor might have been damaged as I had to hammer it out. Wiring seems to be fine. 

Another thing Im wondering is what are the oem fuel pump and injectors capable of? 

• 4 weeks later...

Changed the o2 sensor and put some sealant in the manifold slip joint as I thought it might be leaking air. So far so good no faults and seems to be pulling better.

Time for new tires: 

14727429.t.jpg

Two summers and maybe 20k on these... oh well.

Did paint the Ozs properly this time and new radinox dishes.

14727428.t.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...