Cumbria Vag 21/22nd June 2014

Dz1981

Wasn't it a pretty straight road scott?!

Or did you mean actual fanny!! If so don't knock it!!

it had a bend in it next to where we were, females wouldn't have minded but imagine rich was directing them into his car :)

and i had used a different word from fanny but it was autocorrected to that

Edited by Dz1981

sure we can find an alternative spot which has similar characteristics but no road, then we all happy :)

Just need to remember this year to put up a sign so people don't use the gazebo as a landmark and can't find there tents after its taken down ;)

Tbh you've pretty much covered it, apart from the wrist bands, lol. Apart from that it was pretty spot on, on the whole as far as I saw the majority were well behaved, the mood was really relaxed and I personally loved the music being played on show day. Was well worth the 5+ hour drive!

it was a good weekend!

in terms of improvements, as said before... better/more toilets. more organised camping area, perhaps section out areas, time ban on cars running. Noticed a few people driving around the field late at night which could have ended badly (think they may have had a few to drink).

could be worth looking at providing metal bins for campers to have controlled fires. I know its a bit of a grey area but our group were all sat chatting and the only light we had was some glow sticks. If we had a small fire in the middle it would have been perfect for a bit of heat and light. People would have to take this seriously tho if they were to do it and anyone caught being stupid would have their bin taken. The bin would stop it damaging the grass if you put it on a concrete slab so could work. not sure on what the land owner will allow but definitely worth considering.

Evening food stalls would be good on the camping night if thats possible?

more trade stands. perhaps approach a larger company like VW heritage to come down and set up a stand...the auto jumble was good but very limited.

The music and set up was cracking.

• Like 1

it was a good weekend!

in terms of improvements, as said before... better/more toilets. more organised camping area, perhaps section out areas, time ban on cars running. Noticed a few people driving around the field late at night which could have ended badly (think they may have had a few to drink).

could be worth looking at providing metal bins for campers to have controlled fires. I know its a bit of a grey area but our group were all sat chatting and the only light we had was some glow sticks. If we had a small fire in the middle it would have been perfect for a bit of heat and light. People would have to take this seriously tho if they were to do it and anyone caught being stupid would have their bin taken. The bin would stop it damaging the grass if you put it on a concrete slab so could work. not sure on what the land owner will allow but definitely worth considering.

Evening food stalls would be good on the camping night if thats possible?

more trade stands. perhaps approach a larger company like VW heritage to come down and set up a stand...the auto jumble was good but very limited.

The music and set up was cracking.

Some good comments in there, the food stalls were open until the music stopped circa 1.30am.

And wristbands are being handed out on the gate this year, they are QR code tickets that get sent direct to the email address this time.

You're also completely correct about the fires, very grey area. We are gonna see about getting some fireproof blocks for fires to be put on. We can't actually provide metal bins as then we are condoning fire and then the risk assessment gets stupid,

There'll be a lot more light on the campsite this year.

May put a caterer in the camping field on the Sunday morning doing bacon butties too!

And definitely a ban on driving after dark this year too.

Pretty much all that's been said to me has been about the Saturday night, is there much more we can do on the Main Show day? Sunday.

We already have some awesome sponsors this year so the trade area should have about 3-400% more traders in it. We have really only just been recognised as a proper event this year finally!

• Like 2

Don't overcomplicate it, keep it small and you will retain the charm that keeps people going/expenses down.

I had no complaints and yes, I will have a nice controlled fire this year.

I will load up the facilities to do this and it surpasses all.

Some good comments in there, the food stalls were open until the music stopped circa 1.30am.

And wristbands are being handed out on the gate this year, they are QR code tickets that get sent direct to the email address this time.

You're also completely correct about the fires, very grey area. We are gonna see about getting some fireproof blocks for fires to be put on. We can't actually provide metal bins as then we are condoning fire and then the risk assessment gets stupid,

There'll be a lot more light on the campsite this year.

May put a caterer in the camping field on the Sunday morning doing bacon butties too!

And definitely a ban on driving after dark this year too.

Pretty much all that's been said to me has been about the Saturday night, is there much more we can do on the Main Show day? Sunday.

We already have some awesome sponsors this year so the trade area should have about 3-400% more traders in it. We have really only just been recognised as a proper event this year finally!

Firstly, top marks for asking for peoples opinions and ideas... i like that.

I hadnt realised the food stalls were open until that late, we stayed around out tents but was more a general idea for others :)

The fires is something that could work providing people understand the dangers. As much as we like to joke around (including Rich!) i can honestly say that we would have been able to have a good fire without any issues.

other than whats been said 10/10...

you could perhaps do some competitions on the day... give away small prizes for games... quickest car wash, obstacle course etc... give away prizes.

• 3 weeks later...