Rotting door sill help (Lupo GTI)

Helllloooo....

My passenger side door sill is rusting underneath, there's also a few bubbles of rust visible on the outside (basically from previous accident damage repair before I owned the car).

Welding new metal in is the only solution, however, before this I wanted to find out if anyone here knows of any companies selling pattern part sills as this may be a quicker solution?

Also, are the GTI door sills the same as a standard Lupo - I'm only thinking of the bodykit...

How's unemployment ?

IF you're bored and want some Lupo/non Lupo based banter, feel free to start up a conversation.

On topic though, the sills are special and if you can't buy the panel from VAG you're going to go custom, there just isn't enouhg of these to justify people making panels.

like rich said they are specific to the gti and nobody, not even vw make them. strange but true. I wanted to put gti sills on my non gti and was going to have to buy a gti shell and cut it up. not worth it. get hold of a reasonable body man to repair your sills, properly or , find a gti in a scrappy(pretty rare) and cut out the sill and take it from there. geoff

• 2 weeks later...

You can get the side panels but only with the a-pillar to the b-pillar and then the b-pillar back.

No 17 in the picture is part number 6E3 809 839 A - £122 inc vat, on factory back order

No 18 in the picture is part number 6E3 809 843 A - £237.85 inc vat, also on back order

Or No 22 which is the whole side part 6E3 809 605 D - £339.54 inc vat, on back order.

post-795-0-83789500-1386698201_thumb.jpg