Iv cleaned the throttle body

Ran injector cleaner through

Cars always From NEW always had shell Vpower

Full service

Oil catch tank

Cleaned the breather pipes

New lambda

Gave it a good run before mot

I do have a Ashley manifold - 200 cell magnaflow cat and janspeed back box all of which are a few months old

However when I plug it into vagcom I get misfire on cylinder 1 why could this be!

The misfire could be a multitude of things.

If you've changed the cat/stuff & it has just failed it's first badly then that is the area you need to address.

I assume the emissions light comes on/goes off ? (sometimes when the system fails it just doesn't light up at all)

Nope not had any lights flash up on the dashboard

Plugged vagcom in and it just says misfire cylinder 1

Sadly I don't have a print out of the emissions I was getting from the mot

In my opinion magnaflow have always been brilliant

Iv ordered another coilpack and set of leads will get another set of sparkies and see if it cures the problem

don't want any cat abuse on this forum, thank you. are you sure you have a misfire on cyl 1. you should be able to notice it. the manifold and backbox shouldn't make any difference, but the 200cell cat might have upset things a bit. I run a decat pipe and egr blanking but it hasn't upset my emmisions. sometimes its better to have all or nothing, in between sometimes isn't good for whatever reason. replace your coilpack .sparkplugs and leads one at a time then you will find out what it was. geoff

I'd say it was caused by the manifold. The lambda sensor in the Ashley only takes it's readings from the exhaust gases from one cylinder, whereas on the standard manifold the Lambda sensor measures the combined gases from all cylinders. This causes strange things to happen like spurious fault codes...

ahh, didn't know that. yes you may well be right about the lambda position. might be worth buying a new boss welding it somewhere more appropriate and blank the other one. ebay should sort you out. geoff

• 5 months later...

only just came back online today as i decided to to buy a vx220 in the near future and the lupo just isnt being used

anyways it turnt out to be the ashley manifold so i took it off and put it back to standard and the car now drives even better then before! and it passed its emmisions perfectly!