where to buy exhaust for the GTI?

MrDerek

Hi,

I'm looking to swap out the exhaust on my gti but can't seem to find many places which sell them other than kam racing. Anywhere else to look?

Hoping to get the Bastuck system for a bit cheaper than what kam racing are asking -

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/exhaust/exhaust-systems/vw-lupo-centre-exit-models-including-gti-bastuck-catback-exhaust-system.html

Not particularly keen on the Janspeed sound, but for almost half the price it might be the sensible choice -

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=JSSS520∂=VW-Lupo-Gti-1-6-16v-125bhp-Janspeed-Stainless-Steel-Cat-Back-Exhaust-System

cheers

Hi! I hope the GTI is going well.

I still miss it, so so much I bought another a few months ago!

Back to your original question - give AAS in Newcastle a ring. They will make you a stainless steel cat back and put the original tips back on so it looks standard. Will last ages and sound great. They quoted me £400 when I got the front pipe redone on the car.

Jon

Hey man! Yeah great thanks, still enjoying every bit of her. Took her to stelvio and back earlier in the year, handled it quite well.

Awesome stuff, did you find yourself a raven blue one?

Cool I'll give them a ring cheers, how does it compare with the bastuck system?

I priced an original from VW a couple of years back; IIRC it was £274 + fitting +VAT.

I got one from someone on here for £50 posted. Still in my attic in the original "oil paper".

Bargain to say the least.

Silver you looking to sell lol?

Just gave aas a call and they quoted me 490 for a catback.

Hearing a lot of good things about these guys, are they miles better than the bastuck / janspeed?

Hey man! Yeah great thanks, still enjoying every bit of her. Took her to stelvio and back earlier in the year, handled it quite well.

Awesome stuff, did you find yourself a raven blue one?

Cool I'll give them a ring cheers, how does it compare with the bastuck system?

Good to hear. I'm assuming you did the Stelvio pass? I bet that was fantastic! Hope you got some good pics.

It was a Laser blue one I was after, and I got sick of waiting and a red one came up quite cheap, so I snapped it up. And then a month later the owner of the Laser blue one got back in touch to say he was selling...you couldn't make it up! However I kept the red one and am enjoying restoring it to it's former glory.

Couldn't comment really as I don't think I've heard the Bastuck system. There are videos of all of them floating round the internet somewhere. Obviously they have put their prices up a bit, which is a shame.