Wheels for GTI ?

spy

Thanks. So it sounds like an additional 20mm (6.5J with an offset of 23) rubs if running 45 aspect tyres.

What is the offset on your current 7J wheels ?

I have heard of people saying an offset of 25 (ie an additional 18mm) on the standard Bathurs gives the best look but does this rub with 45 tyres ?

Edited by spy

Well mine was ET23 incl. spacers, and I reckon 2mm would clear it. So that should be safe.

BBS RW001s are ET36 5x15 with 195/45 tyres. All clear and I reckon I could safely fit a 7mm spacer each side.

5J !! they sound pretty narrow - doesn't that mean that they sit deeper into the wheel arch than the Bathursts ?

OK, that sounds about right. Your 7J with ET36 extend an additional 13.3mm more than the Bathursts. It sound slike 18mm is the max for ensuring no rubbing whch would mean on Silver's car, 5mm spacers would fill out the arches nicely without rubbing, assuming 45 aspect tyres that don't have bulging sidewalls

• 1 month later...

Interested in some wheels that are 15" 7.5J width and an offset of 21

Do you guys think they will rub on standard suspension and if not, how low could I go before they would rub ?