mattarosa

Mattarosas Arosas

Oh that reminds me tied up all the cables in the engine bay too. Soldered and put some heat shrink on the oil pressure cable and taped all the looms back.

Did you use some of that evil electrical tape which fuses together like some weird membrane from an alien film? It sounds scary that stuff, I can just imagine someone being wrapped up in it as some kind of torture lol!!

Yeah! Its stretches so once you've wrapped it round it constricts as well as sticks!

Good stuff.

I'm going to have another go with an oilite bush tonight. I'll clean the pin off before I do so there's no oil to be absorbed.

I just wiped them off with a cloth, how quickly would it be absorbed?

No idea. I wouldn't have thought quick enough to have caused me the problems I was having. It was very annoying and everyone else seemingly has been able to use their bush without having to file the inside :(

Maybe it is just a bad batch like you said, did you clean all the crap off the pin? Not doubting you.

Edited by mattarosa

Hmm, I think so... I'll have another go tonight. It's especially annoying though if it is a bad batch because I bought 8 of them and I'm pretty sure they're all the same :(

Unless mines the bad batch?

Doubt it. You and many others seemingly had no problem putting the pin through the middle. Seems I was the only one. I might try and force it through tonight. I think the pin is steel and with the bush being brass it should, erm.... well move i guess? i don't know, bit worried to push it through too much i'll end up causing problems lol.

I'll let you know how I get on, so pissed off if I got a bad batch. Bought ****ing 8 of them lol!!!!

Edit: While I'm at it, I'll bust out the micrometer and check the size of the outer diameter.

Edited by Skezza

No idea where the verniers are. Micrometer will be fine for outer diameter. Not sure how I can measure the internal diameter :\

Vernier calipers, used like a micrometer got two blades and they slide along a rule, they internal blades and external.

I'll see if I can find the one in the garage. Still, annoys me that they've possibly sent me the wrong ones :( Just my luck.

Your dad may have one, bit retro now, probably just a micro meter, and your fix works at least.

Your dad may have one, bit retro now, probably just a micro meter, and your fix works at least.

It does, but I'd prefer to have one that is the correct size from the off mainly because my filing is never going to be as precise as a machine drilled one and therefore will add play which will result in excessive wear down the line. We'll see. I assume the doors are nice and quiet now on yours :) ?

Mine are fine they were for Kirstins driver door but I got two at the same time to do the passenger door but it doesn't need doing yet.

Exciting news, my mother's polo had gone! It's been replaced with an up! In black.

Photo's or it's not true :D

The gear box selector shaft seal has been replaced! next on the list is a front brake overhaul, thinking Mintex...
Oh and a boot light from Mr Skezza.

DSC00561_zps1a2a5943.jpg

Remember always clean the window seals :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Autoglym bodywork shampoo lol, did it after the body work, just dipped into the clean bucket and ran them round the seals.

Edited by mattarosa