mattarosa

Mattarosas Arosas

DSC00440_zps48e4c879.jpg

Hey Matt quick question what is the splitter from on your front bumper mate :) looks mint

It's a Leon Cupra r one off the mark one, cut down to fit. Try and find a second hand one otherwise they cost a bit brand new. Dead easy to fit though.

IMG_0193_zpse943edb7.jpg

IMG_0191_zpsb2e2eb8b.jpg

As promised pictures with the front fogs in next thing in think is a Polo 6R ariel.

All cleaned, polished and sealed. Will upload the pictures once I've finished buffing it off, quite pleased with what the AG life shine bags can do to paint work.

Those fogs do look absolutely brilliant mate.

Did you head up to the stealers to get a genuine oil pressure switch?

Went the garage this morning and ordered a brand new one, £16 can't complain really.

Went the garage this morning and ordered a brand new one, £16 can't complain really.

Nah, that's cheap. I thought a genuine one was nearer £20? i might have been tempted to leave the old one in and fit a new one in the summer, but then hell, what's the point in ordering those new clocks if you aren't going to use them eh? I've got the vag tacho now, so we'll work out a time to reprogram the odometer. You going to keep the old clocks as spares or simply reflog on eBay?

Going to see about repairing then reflogging, make a little profit from the job.

DSC00520_zps33262e68.jpg
And of course the obligatory reflection shot, shame it rained after but what can you do.

Edited by mattarosa

Glad you do :tongueout: I'm never happy with the shine that I don't get on it :angry2: that's what I miss about my black one.

I'm always amazed at how dirty my polishing cloth turns out :paperbag: next thing is get the seat valeted the drives is filthy, got to have it done before dubfiction.

Oh and the SE is getting better now :) slowly, new heater resistor will be going in this afternoon, new air vent has gone in, and just sorting out the oil light now it has one.

Getting there then Matt ;) ?

Well the air vent came Friday, took longer to get into the packaging than it did to fit, the oil sensor im collecting today ready for a full oil change, new sensor and filter at the weekend, the heater resistor is going in this afternoon so it'll blow on 1,2,3 and 4 not just 4!, and hopefully egr valve clean at the weekend too, then its only the rear light needed, a spare wheel securing screw warning triangle and first aid kit and its how it left the factory, oh and odometer correction and door check strap fixing :ouch: never ending list! looks like its going to be a long weekend. where did you get the brass bushes from for yours?

If it helps and you have the possibility, mine are made from Teflon, by a friend of mine.

If it helps and you have the possibility, mine are made from Teflon, by a friend of mine.

That might be an option... don't know if anyone would make some for me though.

Passenger side is so quiet, like new. But mine, mine is f*cked inside the door, sadly.

Ive just ordered some brass ones, the passenger side isn't to bad but the drivers side is like a drum! I might as well do both at the same time as they only cost me 88 pence each!

DSC00522_zpseafd9a98.jpg
The growing pile of parts hopefully most of it will be gone soon :yes:

Edited by mattarosa

The ones I bought were from Amazon, sounds like the ones you bought too. The only issue I found is that the internal diameter was ever so slightly too big, so I had to take a dremel to it to fit my check strap pin. Getting it into the strap was a bit weird too. I filed it till it fit, but I'm starting to think the better way would have been to simply press it into the strap which can be done using a vice.

I bought about 8 of them :) I still think the plastic option is better than the brass bush, it's ever so slightly quieter, but then it may well not last as long ;)

Now you tell me! Never mind,heater resistor replaced and working well, safe to say the old one was past repair, got a picture somewhere.