Mattarosas Arosas

mattarosa

• 1 month later...

New updates!

Cambridge rears lights for the openair...

And GTI front and rear door cards for the openair, speaker grills all round.

And a spare set of Cambridge rear lights :D

Having a bespoke set of braided stainless steel brake hoses made up by Goodridge motorsport for the allroad as it needs a front brake overhaul :(

image_zpsypsduges.jpg

now the suspension cups I was on about, im not sure if it was this thread or not

image_zps8rj51ilz.jpg

image_zpsy4eaqwsm.jpg

As you can see the one on the left is the original I repaired you can see the square plate washer I welded in, and the new one is the one on the right.

use the light sensor from a mk4 golf climatronic unit.

if you find one from a lupo you will already have it installed tastefully in factory plastic.

as for Goodridge hoses, the lines are stainless, the ends aren't. In a few years you will be wishing that you had bought some Hel ones instead.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

use the light sensor from a mk4 golf climatronic unit.

if you find one from a lupo you will already have it installed tastefully in factory plastic.

as for Goodridge hoses, the lines are stainless, the ends aren't. In a few years you will be wishing that you had bought some Hel ones instead.

Thanks rich, I'll have a look around for the light sensor, that's the one that sits in the front vent isn't it?

Nobody makes a kit for the allroad :( but goodridge did a special order from etka drawings and have made the fittings from stainless.

Have you ever worked on an allroad? If so can I quiz you please?

Edited by mattarosa

Alvaro? I'll have to see how it's wired.

Yeh basically it's an a6 Quattro with air suspension, I need to replace the auxiliary fan, the 210mm one, and it's a pain in the arse by the looks of things.

The n/s/f suspension bag wasn't to bad to change though.

• 2 months later...

More updates,

Took the openair to skezzas the other day, new projector headlights fitted, im just in the process of converting them from hid... new head unit fitted and an undertray fitted.