Mattarosas Arosas

mattarosa

Oh that reminds me tied up all the cables in the engine bay too. Soldered and put some heat shrink on the oil pressure cable and taped all the looms back.

Did you use some of that evil electrical tape which fuses together like some weird membrane from an alien film? It sounds scary that stuff, I can just imagine someone being wrapped up in it as some kind of torture lol!!

Good stuff.

I'm going to have another go with an oilite bush tonight. I'll clean the pin off before I do so there's no oil to be absorbed.

No idea. I wouldn't have thought quick enough to have caused me the problems I was having. It was very annoying and everyone else seemingly has been able to use their bush without having to file the inside :(

Hmm, I think so... I'll have another go tonight. It's especially annoying though if it is a bad batch because I bought 8 of them and I'm pretty sure they're all the same :(

Unless mines the bad batch?

Doubt it. You and many others seemingly had no problem putting the pin through the middle. Seems I was the only one. I might try and force it through tonight. I think the pin is steel and with the bush being brass it should, erm.... well move i guess? i don't know, bit worried to push it through too much i'll end up causing problems lol.

I'll let you know how I get on, so pissed off if I got a bad batch. Bought ****ing 8 of them lol!!!!

Edit: While I'm at it, I'll bust out the micrometer and check the size of the outer diameter.

Edited by Skezza

No idea where the verniers are. Micrometer will be fine for outer diameter. Not sure how I can measure the internal diameter :\

Your dad may have one, bit retro now, probably just a micro meter, and your fix works at least.

It does, but I'd prefer to have one that is the correct size from the off mainly because my filing is never going to be as precise as a machine drilled one and therefore will add play which will result in excessive wear down the line. We'll see. I assume the doors are nice and quiet now on yours :) ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...