Rosie from the start (2003 Mk2 Arosa)

J3RWN

Well, finally got round to uploading some photos to photobucket so I could post a thread on here. We're better to start than with my first car before the Arosa. It was a 2008 Suzuki Swift Attitude 1.3 16v. Was a lovely car until I wrapped it round a telegraph pole on my way home from work. Here it is..

image_zps563ad7fd.jpg

3 points and £100 fine later I finally got sorted and started looking for a run about to do me until I could afford something else. I've always been interested in the VAG scene and have always loved the Lupo/Arosa,. After a while searching on gumtree and Autotrader I finally came across this in a local family run garage

image_zps507ed440.jpg

Was a good base to start off with, 2003 with 58,000 miles.

image_zps81167c71.jpg

After a good wash

image_zps4080ba86.jpg

Didn't want to post too many pics in one post so will split it up a bit.

First changes I made were the standard: de badge the back, half decent CD player with AUX lead, changed the oil.

Next up came spraying the standards. So went to the local auto store and picked up a few tins of primer and a few tins of satin black and got to work.

image_zps6ade37d5.jpg

Wheels off the car

image_zps026452b5.jpg

Wheels rubbed down and playing cards on to stop any overspray

image_zpsd42fc398.jpg

A few coats of paint later and then a top coat of lacquer to finish

image_zps27b27a22.jpg

On the car and cleaned

image_zps80fadcab.jpg

Car stayed pretty much this way for a few months until I got a new job and money was a bit easier so I got back on gumtree and started my search for the next change I had planned. After a while I came across these

image_zps35ee7c7f.jpg

image_zps130a3e6b.jpg

FK Highsports. Bought them off a guy in Belfast who had bought them for his arosa but never got a chance to put them on. Never been out of the box or wrapping and got them for a great price.

image_zpscaa8d3c6.jpg

image_zps7f2c85ea.jpg

image_zpsa845fbf9.jpg

image_zpsa845fbf9.jpg

There's no difference in the last two pictures, I'm just trying to post this on my phone cause my laptops messed.

Finally got a bit of money and decided to look for some new shoes for Rosie. Minilites had been a favourite for a while but couldn't find a decent pair at a fair price so the search went on. Finally came across a set of Starmags 13x7. Finally got organised and went and picked up the wheels. Only problem is they came with ridiculous tyres (165/70/r13) so they looked like balloons.

Anyway stuck them on the car until I could afford to change them.

image_zps887d4784.jpg

See what I mean about balloons?

image_zpsf3dc4196.jpg

image_zps7e51aa39.jpg

Half decent shot at a local spot

image_zps71c0ac82.jpg

Next stop was a new set of rubber so went and bought a set of 165/55/r13. It's quite funny how many garages won't even look at your car as soon as you want to put a tyre that will have a bit of stretch even if it is minimal stretch like mine

image_zps2b6817c0.jpg

Don't know if you can see but the new tyres are miles better

image_zps2b6817c0.jpg

Being 13's, it's quite hard to get rid of the arch gap unless you go ridiculously low which I did have a go at but then this happened

image_zps7dc9b3b8.jpg

My cat took a bit of a beating and decided to crack at the seam. Took it to the garage and apparently there wasn't anything the guy could do to patch it or join it again so decided to go the whole hog and get the exhaust replaced from the manifold right back. Altogether it was £330 inc VAT. Definitely not the cheapest I could've got it but needed it ASAP and was hard to look around for better prices cause of the hours I work. Was completely worth it though.

New cat (I know it's a crap photo)

image_zps867580d4.jpg

New back box

image_zps6c263de3.jpg

So after all of this I did chicken out and raise the front of the car a tad!

Most recent change I've made is putting the Lupo rear lights on instead of the arosa lights. Haven't completely made mind up but sure.

image_zps810b3fe2.jpg

Standard

image_zps0e90ac22.jpg

Halfway there

image_zpsc35fb69e.jpg

All done!

Finally here's a pic of how it's sitting now. I know it's probably not to everyone's taste but all feedback is welcome!

Haven't really got any plans for the future, apart from getting some ideas for a new set of wheels so I can get the arch gap reduced and maybe a simple boot build but I'll keep this updated!

Looks nice, lovely colour too, they might be balloons but I bet the rides comfy ;) every cloud and what not. Maybe bring the back down a tiny bit more looking at that last picture.

Thanks buddy! Those tyres are off now and they've been replaced with something a bit better!

Glad I didn't get those lights of you, the lupo ones suit it so much better! Liking the wheels :)
I know! Definitely much better! Thanks! Wouldn't mind test fitting something a bit bigger sometime though!
Nice thread buddy. Great, clean looking wee car.
J
Thanks! Always good to get some good feedback!

Happy days have fun! I will! Even throw a quick post together on here to see if there's anyone from N.I interested!

Yeahs I real on I'd be a lot happier with something bigger but test fitting yours would make the decision easier!