Lenny the Lupo

amykaye92

Hey everyone, I'm Amy.

I've had my Lupo for about a year and a half now (first car) but hadn't made any changes to him until fairly recently.

I'm not going to lie, I really don't know the first thing about cars, but my boyfriend's also a Lupo fanatic and, with the help of some friends (and CL), I'm slowly learning!

This was Lenny the first night I had him:

Lenny3-1.jpg

Since then I've changed his aerial, debadged him and changed his reg plates.

I've also had his cambelt replaced and, most recently, given him a new clutch.

Yes, I am a cheat - my mechanic did the latter two.

This is Lenny just after his badges came off:

Lenny1-2.jpg

Lenny2.jpg

I'll take a photo of his plates in due course.

I've also bought a new double din and had my friend install it for me:

Doubledin.jpg

I have great (& very specific) plans for my Lupo and am making a big change to him at the end of the month, but I'm keeping it to myself and will post a photo when it's done :)

Any comments welcome and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks guys :)

Yeah that's exactly what it is. I love it, would definitely recommend.

Nooo definitely no sticker bombing I'm afraid, not my kind of thing. He's booked in for 25th so I'll post photos of his new look then - stay tuned!

For now here's a photo taken at the West End Dubs meet in Earls Court, courtesy of Simon Leeds Photography. New reg plates included:

Lenny5-1.jpg

Nice looking wee car! At least your paint looks good, my arosa must be a different yellow per panel... Also really like the head unit, much roughly would that set you back? Sarah

Aww thanks Sarah :) Haha trust me, it's exactly the same with mine - these photos are just verryyy forgiving!

I got mine off amazon.co.uk and I think it was about £250 :)

• 2 weeks later...

OKAY, so, apologies to those of you who have shown a particular interest in how yellow my car is as on Tuesday I handed him over to a friend to have him wrapped :)

I picked the colour on the right:

IMG-20130925-WA0002.jpg

This is Lenny all stripped and ready to go:

facebook_-1421186700.jpg

And then halfway done...:

IMG-20131025-WA0000.jpg

And tomorrow I'm going to pick him up :) I hope you all like him, sporting his new Autumn/Winter '13 outfit ^_^

I will of course upload a photo once he's all finished.

Ladies and gents, guys and dolls - he's all finished.

There were a few issues along the way, starting with a nest of false widow spiders behind one of my rear lights. Whoops.

Then a Nissan GTR the guys were working on at the same time died and poor Lenny was pushed to the back of the line :(

Finally, when I was SURE I was getting him back, this happened:

Lenny7.jpg

My spoiler is after-market and whoever owned Lenny before me had stuck it on with a stupid amount of super glue.

Anyway, 5 days later than expected, here he is:

Lenny6-1.jpg

Lenny10.jpg

Lenny8.jpg

Lenny9.jpg

Woohoooo :)

All work done by Surrey Vinyl Wraps in Chessington. Great finished product.

Still a lot more to be done but probably not until the new year after I've spent all my money on Christmas presents.

Comments welcome :)

Edited by amykaye92

Lenny7.jpg

My spoiler is after-market and whoever owned Lenny before me had stuck it on with a stupid amount of super glue.

NOT aftermarket. Genuine Vw. There where two spoilers done. This and the GTi one. It will be a hard to find item.

NOT aftermarket. Genuine Vw. There where two spoilers done. This and the GTi one. It will be a hard to find item.

Ahhh did not know that, thanks :)

I was determined to keep it on as I think it looks cute and haven't seen another one, but I didn't know it was VW.

Really odd colour but looks smart... What about your interior? Is it not grey and yellow? Lol Sarah

Thanks Sarah :)

The interior's a bit of a mix at the moment... The inside of the front doors are blue but everything else is still yellow. To wrap those bits the guys would have had to take my back seats (a pain, to say the least...) so I'm going to go back when I get my interior done to have those bits wrapped the same blue :)

Seats are still completely grey, but will have them changed some time next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to update you on, really.

I'm getting a new fan this week as mine's been knackered since I bought the car (it keeps screaming at me - especially when sitting at lights when everyone else on the road can hear...)

Also looking at getting new brakes as, again, mine are reallyyyy bad, which isnt great!

Off to Homegrown tonight so might get a few new photos to put up :)

So, Homegrown was good fun (as always) and I got a snap of Lenny looking all blue and whatnot :)

Courtesy of xjay photography:

Lenny0.jpg

As you can see I need to replace his little front panel as I collided with some brick when I first got him, but apart from that I think he looks rather shnazzy :)

On Friday I also purchased a pair of custom-made genuine carbon fibre rear lights for him, which have been tinted a slightlyyyy different (and nicer)shade of red:

Lights.jpg

It's difficult to see the difference when they're like this so I'll take a photo of them actually in my car this evening.

Should've really done a 'before and after', in hindsight... But oh well :)

As it's Christmas time I am genuinely skint and therefore will probably not do too much more to him until February time........but watch this space! :)

Are they Ryans?

Yessss they are!

My boyfriend bought them off him for his Lupo, but it has since died and is on its way to the scrapyard so I sneakily took them :D

• 2 months later...

Apologies for not updating this for a while - not much has been happening, really.

My boyfriend has finally scrapped his Lupo (RIP) so I took his engine fan - mine no longer makes a screaming noise, which is refreshing. It does, however, make a nice tapping noise as one of the old screws snapped in half during removal so I can only fix three sides of it to the car. I think it adds character.

At the end of the month I'm getting some new brakes fitted (should have been done about a year ago. Whoops.)

I do have one question to throw out there: my next task is to get some new wheels (I already know what I want) and to lower him a bit. Does it matter which order I do this in?

I've heard mixed opinions - some say I need to lower him first, other say it doesn't matter. He'll only be going down a few centimetres, don't know if this makes a difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lower it first. Doesn't really matter but after market wheels at standard height looks pants!

Thanks for the help :)

Nothing very exciting but I got Lenny's side lights done on the weekend and, while I was at it, gave him a nice wash.

Just a couple of photos:

Lenny1-4.jpg

Lenny2-2.jpg

And just to show you how gross my discs are at the moment:

Lenny3-2.jpg

And also why I'm buying new wheels! Which will be happening on Sunday :)

Thank you for reading.