the standard wiring problems - mainly with the sub/amp

So here's what's happening...

Bought a new JVC headunit, and wired it up the same way I did with my old headunit, but for some reason the amp is staying on constantly, which drained my battery the other day.

If I have the wires as they came (red - red/ yellow - yellow) then the amp turns off when I take the key out, but it means the headunit loses memory, I.e. bass, subwoofer settings. So when the ignition is turned on it resets.

If I have the wires swapped over (red - yellow/ yellow - red) then the amp stays powered constantly with the key out, but the headunit keeps memory.

Now I've tried stripping back both the remote cable that is on the JVC wiring harness, and the red ignition cable and attached the remote cable from them to the amp, but again both of these way keep the amp powered.

I'm fed up of having to keep resetting my headunit, so I'm currently taking the remote cable out of the amp everytime I leave the car, which is really annoying.

If anyone could shed some light on to what I can do to stop this I would be greatly appreciative :)