The Little Yellow Arosa Mk2

puzzlement13

Hello,

This is my little Arosa s, 2003.

The first day I got it ...

IMAG0507_zps91a90e26.jpg

It has some bad points, the paint has faded (milky lacquer), some peel on the roof and has had a bump on the bumper...

So once it was home, t-cut, polish and wax + removing the bump strips :)

DSC_0584_zps740d6d60.jpg

Got a new head unit, and a tiny aerial.. no pictures though..

So after a few weeks of hunting on gumtree and trying to save money for a set of wheels, I finally got a set!

I managed to get them for £90, shame there wasn't any tyres.

Still cant fit them because of this!

Anyway, some more gumtree searching, and I picked up a set of lowering springs 40mm and wind deflectors for £55!

Which was fitted today :)

IMAG0766_zps6c4f5dfc.jpg

IMAG0767_zps2d1d64ab.jpg

Boyfriend and his brother doing the work :)

IMAG0769_zpsa2214140.jpg

And after!

IMAG0771_zpsb53c961d.jpg

Isn't an awful lot lower, but much better and affordable!

And, only placing the wheels to get an idea how they'll look...

IMAG0773_zps00141c68.jpg

IMAG0768_zpsc55e3ca2.jpg

So that's it for today, until next week when I hope to get tyres...

Any feedback is welcome!!

Thanks, Sarah :)

IMG_20130910_125129_zps512c2031.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd show a few of mine with other cars... This is when the Arosa was completely standard.

This one is with my Dads E30;

IMAG0721_zps97bec304.jpg

Beside a lupo I found :)

IMAG0884_zpsc1ed5df7.jpg

Beside my friends lupo, I need to get mine lower! (In the new year)

DSC_0894_zps2fcb5bfb.jpg

And since I found another yellow one, got a quick snap before college. 40 mm lower isn't too bad (I'm happy with it for now anyway!) but that other one really looks like a jeep!

DSC_0891_zps17dc2ef9.jpg

Awesome start! good choice with the yellow ;) need to get some lows next year so im rather jealous of you right now :P
Cheers, once it's lower it'll be sweet, although she needs a respray at some point!!!
Much better choice of wheels than the originals! What size are they?
Thanks, they are 15", too scared to go for 13" aha. Thought about 13's for ages, but with my 40mm springs it just wouldn't look good... Lol

• 1 month later...
Love the colour :D love what you have done with the car looking great :) you go to any shows with it?
Thanks!! I only really go to a few meets. Organized 2 so far through clublupo :) in the new year she'll be getting resprayed, ready for show season. So will definitely be getting the boat, and going to as many as possible! It honestly can't come quick enough.You taking yours to any? Your paintwork looks so much better than mine :(Your wheels also look really good on it :)

Also, instagram following you now I think!

Thanks!! I only really go to a few meets. Organized 2 so far through clublupo :) in the new year she'll be getting resprayed, ready for show season. So will definitely be getting the boat, and going to as many as possible! It honestly can't come quick enough.You taking yours to any? Your paintwork looks so much better than mine :(Your wheels also look really good on it :)

Also, instagram following you now I think!

Mines getting re painted as we speak as the bonnet was destroyed by someone when it was parked up so decided to spray the whole car as bits were a slight different colour :) but your paint looks fine can't notice :) and yeh goin 8 shows but not going in and parts just the car park for me :) you are following me I'm Instagram and I'm following you aswell :D

Edited by Sainty

Mines getting re painted as we speak as the bonnet was destroyed by someone when it was parked up so decided to spray the whole car as bits were a slight different colour :) but your paint looks fine can't notice :) and yeh goin 8 shows but not going in and parts just the car park for me :) you are following me I'm Instagram and I'm following you aswell :D

The photographs of mine make my paint look pretty good, but real life is another matter! Everytime I wash it more and more laquer comes off... :(

How come your not going to enter it? :(

You got any more plans for yours? :)

Looks really nice with those springs. I'm also looking for a set for my Lupo, because for what roads we have here, 40 mm is just enough :)

Cheers, I couldn't afford coilovers straight away so it was a quick way to get lower! I know some roads can be bad, makes me think twice about coilovers :/

I bought my wheels 2nd hand and the guy before had kerbed them to hell so :/ and yeh but only little inside things :) yours?

I got my wheels 2nd hand too :) thankfully mine are in pretty good nick, he curbed them once I think! Only thing is they horrible to clean. Lol, yeah I think I'm going to try and find some nice seats, retrim headliner, and some other details inside.. but that will all be in the new year, can't afford Christmas as is!! Ahah

You blacking out your badge or anything?

• 4 weeks later...